forum: Campaigns and Community

Subscribe to forums RSS

#501 Sat 04 Jun 11 7:32am

miagair

Member since Fri 27 May 11

Re: Chat about Jamie's Food Revolution and connect with others

have you sent a letter or email to the headteacher, sometimes those who have the power to change things need just a little nudge. maybe you could try getting the support of other parents, make a petition and get as many signitures as possible, the battle line will fall in numbers, AKA the more people you have on your side the better chance you have of winning. Good luck with it, hopefully soon all schools will have fresh healthy food!

Likes (0)

#502 Sat 04 Jun 11 7:38am

miagair

for anyone who is wanting to have the food in their kids school changed i would recommend looking at the following link, it has some good ideas of how to change things. All i can say is get as much support from other parents, and possibly talk to the teachers, cooks and governers, if you get a good argument and plenty of people to back it up then you will stand a much better chance of winning it.

Likes (0)

#503 Sat 04 Jun 11 7:48am

miagair

here are some links that are useful:
http://www.jamieoliver.com/us/foundatio … chool-food
this is the food revolution action page, there are some good ideas for getting started on changing your childs schools food

i Would recommend these films, if you are feeling like you can't do anything about what you child gets fed at school, it is a great pick me up and good place to start
http://www.angrymoms.org/screenings.php
http://www.foodincmovie.com/get-involved.php
hope they help!

Likes (0)

#504 Sat 04 Jun 11 7:52am

miagair

Dazed,
i have found a jamie app! here is the link hope it is useful,
http://www.jamieoliver.com/apps/

Likes (0)

#505 Sat 04 Jun 11 8:08am

longinus

Member since Sat 04 Jun 11

Hi everyone,

I'm from Australia and have been following Jamie's Food Revolution in LA.

I understand the problem he has been facing with the LAUSD. I would like to propose Jamie's team (if they have not done so already) to establish connections with Michelle Obama, who has been an advocate of healthy eating. Also, it may be a long shot, but through Michelle Jamie may also get Barack Obama on his side to force the LAUSD to let Jamie do this thing in schools.

Thanks.  wink

Likes (0)

#506 Sat 04 Jun 11 8:39am

cunninghamnk

Member since Sat 04 Jun 11

Hi, Jamie!

I watch your Food Revolution show whenever I can and admire your hard work to make our society aware of healthier foods.  My husband and I would like you to read an article about our local schools in Hawaii wanting to serve less processed foods. In our May 29, 2011 edition of our StarAdvertiser Newspaper, there is an article entitled "DOE wants food made from scratch
Hawaii tries to have its public schools create most meals with fresh ingredients"  Would it be too much to ask if you could contact them and help them be successful in their efforts?  Eating healthy isn't easy, but you have absolutely great ideas and a passion to share them.

Aloha,
natlynn

Likes (0)

#507 Sat 04 Jun 11 1:16pm

miagair

for all of those of you who watch the food revolution, i ask you please please just take a minute or two to read this link. it is what the LAUSD claims to feed the kids of west adams prep school, and anyone will know that this is bad. it is real bad. it is rubbish food that is killing them before their parents. please read it and we could make an alternative to present to the LAUSD. thankyou.

Likes (0)

#508 Sun 05 Jun 11 7:16am

Cindy

Forum champ
Occupation Registered Nurse
From Adelaide, OZ
Member since Tue 03 Aug 04

Unfortunately, I cant see any link in your post miagair

Likes (0)

#509 Sun 05 Jun 11 4:04pm

miagair

Likes (0)

#510 Sun 05 Jun 11 7:06pm

jimbob151

Member since Sun 05 Jun 11

Hello all, Jamie should get in touch with Michelle Obama. She also is working to prevent childhood obesity and health and improving the "food" that is served in schools.

Likes (0)