Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 30 Apr 10 2:08am

neilhwatson

Member since Fri 30 Apr 10

crunchy garlic chicken problem

In 'Jamie's Food Revolution' book there is a a recipe for crunchy garlic chicken.  It is very tasty but I have a problem.  The recipe describes how to make a crumble mixture of butter, garlic, crackers and parsley in a food processor.  When I do this the product is more paste than crumbs.  Has anyone else tried this?

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 30 Apr 10 2:23am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Re: crunchy garlic chicken problem

I've not seen the recipe but it sounds like the mix is getting too wet. Perhaps the cracker ratio is not high enough, or maybe try adding the butter in parts until the consistency is right?

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 30 Apr 10 6:15am

chocolatl

Occupation mom and writer, in that order
From Illinois, USA
Member since Thu 22 Jan 09

The White Rabbit wrote:

I've not seen the recipe but it sounds like the mix is getting too wet. Perhaps the cracker ratio is not high enough, or maybe try adding the butter in parts until the consistency is right?

I would add the butter a little at a time until it looks right.  Also, don't overprocess it.  Too much processing will make almost any food pasty.

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 30 Apr 10 8:02am

dinesh

Member since Wed 28 Apr 10

neilhwatson wrote:

In 'Jamie's Food Revolution' book there is a a recipe for crunchy garlic chicken.  It is very tasty but I have a problem.  The recipe describes how to make a crumble mixture of butter, garlic, crackers and parsley in a food processor.  When I do this the product is more paste than crumbs.  Has anyone else tried this?

After reading this I came to know about your problem, I think you have to make batter somewhat thick by adding cornflour. And for taste just ground a little bit flake of garlic. You may feel definitely superb. thumbsup

Likes (0)

#5 Sun 02 May 10 8:53pm

mw.010173

Occupation self-employed
From NY, NY
Member since Fri 09 Apr 10

also you want to make sure that the butter is really cold ....

Likes (0)

#6 Tue 18 May 10 7:25pm

TracieTrim

Member since Wed 07 Apr 10

Ooo...somehow I hadn't seen this recipe!  I'm looking at it right now and will try it tonight!

Likes (0)

#7 Tue 18 May 10 10:52pm

TracieTrim

Ok...I'm making it and I got a paste, too.  ????  I'm going to use the paste, though, because I don't feel like zesting another lemon.  Oh well.

Likes (0)

#8 Tue 18 May 10 11:20pm

TracieTrim

Well, that was a complete disaster.  Paste doesn't stick to chicken.  I think we're having baked chicken breasts with globs of paste stuck to it for dinner.

Likes (0)