Subscribe to forums RSS

#251 Tue 06 Jul 10 11:02pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Risotto

All the more for her then , his loss is her gain .

Likes (0)

#252 Tue 20 Jul 10 6:05pm

Sizzling_Chef

Member since Fri 12 Sep 08

26 pages on risotto!! I have to admit I read the first few then skipped to the last couple, whilst I love risotto I'm afraid I'm just not that dedicated.  oops
One thing I would like to say, and have always thought, is that despite Jamie's proclamations about being a king of risottos I think his recipes are quite poor. For one thing using garlic and onion together in it?! Big no no imo. The real celebrity master of risotti is Giorgio Locatelli, maybe it is also the ways he writes it!

One summer favourite of mine is orange and almond risotto, using red onion - very refreshing and tasty!

Likes (0)

#253 Tue 20 Jul 10 11:13pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Sizzling_Chef wrote:

26 pages on risotto!! I have to admit I read the first few then skipped to the last couple, whilst I love risotto I'm afraid I'm just not that dedicated.  oops
One thing I would like to say, and have always thought, is that despite Jamie's proclamations about being a king of risottos I think his recipes are quite poor. For one thing using garlic and onion together in it?! Big no no imo. The real celebrity master of risotti is Giorgio Locatelli, maybe it is also the ways he writes it!

One summer favourite of mine is orange and almond risotto, using red onion - very refreshing and tasty!

aaaaaaaahh you see..you've been sucked into the risotto thread...never to be heard of again..locked away in a kitchen..looking for that perfect..perfect..risotto.......................... whistle

Likes (0)

#254 Tue 20 Jul 10 11:17pm

mrpab

Forum champ
Member since Wed 23 Jul 08

... either looking for that perfect recipe, or trashing other people's recipes ... roll

Likes (0)

#255 Tue 20 Jul 10 11:29pm

SonomaEddie

Forum super champ
Occupation Chief cook and bottle washer
From Northern California
Member since Sat 10 Feb 07

mrpab wrote:

... either looking for that perfect recipe, or trashing other people's recipes ... roll

uh oh!

Likes (0)

#256 Tue 20 Jul 10 11:37pm

madamada

Forum super champ
Occupation living life
From Friuli northern Italy
Member since Mon 14 Jan 08

the real risotto wins te real paella thread ............... with many more pages hmm does that mean real paella is less worth than real risotto shocked  roll

Last edited by madamada (Tue 20 Jul 10 11:38pm)

Likes (0)

#257 Wed 21 Jul 10 1:28am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

I love Giorgio Locatelli, I will eat his risotto any day! smile

Oops I have accidentally bumped this thread to the top again whistle

lol

Likes (0)

#258 Wed 21 Jul 10 9:51am

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k

Oh and by the way  Sizzling_Chef...

To the best of my knowledge, Jamie has never "Proclaimed" to be the King of Risotto....or the King of anything....

Likes (0)

#259 Wed 21 Jul 10 11:03am

Earthmum

Forum champ
Occupation HR / mum / jack of all trades
From England
Member since Mon 21 Sep 09

wine~o wrote:

Oh and by the way  Sizzling_Chef...

To the best of my knowledge, Jamie has never "Proclaimed" to be the King of Risotto....or the King of anything....

I think Jamie is a King, and all the people on here are Kings and Queens  oops

No honest - its Jamie and you guys who have inspired me to "cook", I have been catering for a family since I was 15 (and that was a long time ago), but now I cook food, meals that are interesting tasty healthy - I could go on ????.

I'm not sorry I started this thread for Risotto, I have done 3 now and they are getting better (more than be said for my pasta).  So thanks everyone for putting up with me (and this thread)

big_smile

Gem

Likes (0)

#260 Wed 21 Jul 10 11:12am

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k

Earthmum...It was you starting this thread that re-lit my enthusiam for Risotto, I hadn't cooked it for years as Mrs. Wine~o claimed not to like it..(Though she had only ever eaten it in restaurants before.)...

....Did a courgette and baby Broad bean Risotto..(Home grown Veg.)...as a direct result of this thread...She loved it!!!

So for you...a big thanks kiss  clap

Likes (0)