forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Sun 01 May 11 1:23am

janiz

Forum champ
From Gulgong, Australia
Member since Sun 23 Nov 08

Re: New/old hobby... past time, what is yours?

kye in france wrote:

Such beautiful work janiz, really beautifully thought out and with so much love, i hope that one day it will become a wall hanging, a never to forget heirloom.  smile

Thanks Kye but that isn't MY quilt although I do hope that mine will be as good once finished crossed  crossed  And I do hope that she will treasure it and pass it on to her children etc big_smile That is a  photo from the people that I have ordered the pattern from. I will post a photo of mine as soon as I have finished it thumbsup

Likes (0)

#12 Sun 01 May 11 1:27am

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

I am sure that your own quilt will be more beautiful, as you are making it for a person you love...and that little girl will treasure it always...

Likes (0)

#13 Sun 01 May 11 1:40am

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Ottoman Turkish fabrics ? such a wonder...

Likes (0)

#14 Sun 01 May 11 1:54am

mommyof2nc

Forum champ
Occupation Mommy, wife, chauffeur, chef, nurse, maid, occasional zookeeper...
From North Carolina, USA
Member since Thu 18 Mar 10

I sew, knit, paint (a little, though I'd like to take some classes when I have time), make soap, bake for other people and years ago I took a pottery class (throwing on a wheel) that I loved and did that for awhile until we moved to North Carolina.  I just haven't found a place to do it again since we moved here.

Likes (0)

#15 Sun 01 May 11 2:36am

greyhound

Occupation plasterer
From Brisbane
Member since Mon 24 Apr 06

i think my best description would be making things. i have a collection of jewellers tools that i use for turnin silver into "objects" as jewellry wouldnt be the best term for it at present.  lol, if been making a silver chain for the past 12 months but each time i solder a link another lets lose from heat transference. i also joined a lapidary club for a while, polishing stones but time management became a bit poor as we were building a house at the same time. general furniture like bookcases and coffeetables and the wife got me building a bridge last week for the front garden.
other than that, cooking. no recipes, just experiment to find what goes best for a meal or snacks. i like to think all the books i read is information gathering for projects i end up doing, but i do enjoy my sci fantasy books the most.

Likes (0)

#16 Sun 01 May 11 3:29am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

I wish I had more time for hobbies!
I LOVE textiles, I have honed this down to my favourite which is knitting (and a little bit of crochet and such) plus I am teaching myself to sew. I love making useful things, I would love to make most of my clothes! (Dream dream)
And I also have a love of paper work, especially making cards.  Including pop up cards!
And thanks to digital cameras I am adding photography, such fun!
cool  big_smile

Likes (0)

#17 Sun 01 May 11 3:34am

mr spice

Forum champ
Occupation Working dad...
From Germany
Member since Sat 05 Sep 09

For the last year or so I've re-started collecting vinyl.
I worked in a record shop for a year when I was 17.
I've always had a stronger attachment to vinyl over CD's and lately, downloads.
Now I play more music I haven't heard for ages or I have never heard before. big_smile

Likes (0)

#18 Sun 01 May 11 5:14am

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

crochet, knitting, embroidry, cross-stitch, quilting, sewing, scrapbooking......I think I've tried most crafts. Right now I'm not really into any of those....I do miss cross-stitching the most.

Likes (0)

#19 Sun 01 May 11 4:25pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

World of Warcraft.   whistle

Don't really have much time for things at the moment, what with being in the final stretch before exams.  I used to ride but it's really inconvenient as I'm living in the city now.

Likes (0)

#20 Sun 01 May 11 4:27pm

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

LOL Anna...mine is City of Heroes/Villains....too many hours of that.  big_smile

Likes (0)