forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 01 Jun 11 11:30am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

which is the king dish for June

would you say so?????
please help finding a good title for what I think could paint the best dish for this month

mine would be regina dei ghiacci salad with bocconcini di mozzarella a full huge bowl of that to be eaten with dakos (??) dry barley bread good evo oil and  and and and

...................................... a fresh beer kept at right temperature in fountain water

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 01 Jun 11 11:44am

lynnej

Occupation Web Designer
From Netherlands
Member since Wed 02 Sep 09

Re: which is the king dish for June

The title sounds good to me, your salad too smile
Hmm I think my favourite for this month would be spaghetti with Parma ham, mint and parmesan, light and simple. Capressse salads are favourite too. Oh and I saw a recipe for pasta with shrimp on 2 greedy Italians (do you watch it? They are so lovely together and make some wonderful traditional food)  that I will try soon, sounds nice and summery and fresh, could well be the next favourite, maybe for July wink

Likes (0)

#3 Wed 01 Jun 11 11:51am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

ciao lynnej I'm off searching for a fish to wrap in vine's leaves from my fishmonger crossed I hope she waits for me it's so late run run run lol

Last edited by Grand_Ma (Wed 01 Jun 11 12:58pm)

Likes (0)

#4 Wed 01 Jun 11 12:01pm

lynnej

Occupation Web Designer
From Netherlands
Member since Wed 02 Sep 09

Oops 2 mada's wink
Good luck at the fishmongers, don't run too hard!

Likes (0)

#5 Wed 01 Jun 11 12:04pm

TSR

From Serbia
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

Vine leaves are great now, so my vote goes to either greek dolamades, or the north-Balkan sarma u vinovom lišću.  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#6 Wed 01 Jun 11 12:59pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

TSR wrote:

Vine leaves are great now, so my vote goes to either greek dolamades, or the north-Balkan sarma u vinovom lišću.  thumbsup

tell us more about north Balkan recipe please

Likes (0)

#7 Wed 01 Jun 11 2:01pm

SherylS

Occupation Totally food obsessed bookkeeper
From Melbourne, Australia
Member since Wed 13 Aug 08

Oh, the beauty of different continents, hemispheres etc. We are thinking of hearty soups  and stew here. How I wish I was thinking of tomato and mozzarella salads.

Likes (0)

#8 Wed 01 Jun 11 2:39pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

there are people who say you should drink hot tea when thirsty in hot weather so  wink

I can see you are a bookkeeper Sheryl ................ why do I borrow mainly food related books from the public library  roll  they keep my mood  thumbsup

Last edited by Grand_Ma (Wed 01 Jun 11 3:52pm)

Likes (0)

#9 Wed 01 Jun 11 2:41pm

SonomaEddie

Forum super champ
Occupation Chief cook and bottle washer
From Northern California
Member since Sat 10 Feb 07

The mention of grape leaves reminds me that soon I will be going out to prune some of our for dolmas.  Maybe I will make them this weekend when we have guests staying with us.  So much better than the ones you buy in the deli or in the cans.

Likes (0)

#10 Wed 01 Jun 11 3:44pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Hello to summer, it's here to stay and hot as blazes already in the D.C. area.  Some of the best foods from the market will be melons, strawberries and corn.  My favorite dish this time of year is salmon marinated in lime, cilantro and garlic, cooked on the bbq.

Likes (0)