forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Thu 07 Jul 11 12:29am

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

Re: What have you been searching for today?

I couldn't have them as pets either....bleh

Likes (0)

#12 Thu 07 Jul 11 12:43am

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

mincepie, We had gloves on while cleaning the kitchen, behind all the machines and i was ready to run at each movement that i heard, even if it was the cleaner pipe falling down or husbands movements or exclamations yikes But all is calm now, the monster has been chased out, and is certainly dead with the poison that it absorbed...but where?

Thanks  smile

Likes (0)

#13 Thu 07 Jul 11 11:37am

ACDC

Forum champ
Occupation Bewitched, bothered and bewildered Mother
From Ireland
Member since Tue 19 Aug 08

Oh Kye, good luck on both fronts.   crossed

Likes (0)

#14 Thu 07 Jul 11 2:23pm

minerva

Forum champ
Occupation Walking the Old Ways
From Living in the Wild Woods
Member since Wed 16 Jan 08

If the filthy beggar comes back I can lend you my "Tiger"...................he is a total killing machine (tho' never kills birds!) for vermin. We have temporarily run out of mice/rats in the surrounding fields it seems, as he has brought back rather large rabbits the last 3 days!
I'm sure if I asked him, he would volenteer!

Likes (0)

#15 Thu 07 Jul 11 2:27pm

joobes

Forum champ
Occupation My OH and I own a new/secondhand bookshop.
From Somerset, England
Member since Wed 20 Feb 08

An Advanced Ab Gym Abdominal Toning Belt..... Found one on Amazon  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#16 Thu 07 Jul 11 2:30pm

joobes

Forum champ
From Somerset, England

minerva wrote:

If the filthy beggar comes back I can lend you my "Tiger"...................he is a total killing machine (tho' never kills birds!) for vermin. We have temporarily run out of mice/rats in the surrounding fields it seems, as he has brought back rather large rabbits the last 3 days!
I'm sure if I asked him, he would volenteer!

You would be welcome to borrow the pooch (left) he is amazing at catching stuff. Praps he and tiger can act as a team. big_smile

Likes (0)

#17 Thu 07 Jul 11 2:44pm

Kye

Forum super champ

mincepie, i would never stand having neighbours that allow rats around the house  shocked i am still shocked at the one that was here, and yes my husband is marvellous smile i would otherwise have had to call the 'kill a rat' people.

ACDC and mummz, thanks...still waiting for the next appointment. crossed

minni, box that little devil up and send him over exclaim

joobes, great idea thumbsup

I am searching for a Plancha on Amazon, have a few favorites but have to consult the family chef first as he really wants one. In two weeks time we will be the grand number of five again living in the same house, the Plancha will be fun and we can all chose was we want to cook on it and how etc....and its very healthy big_smile

Likes (0)

#18 Thu 07 Jul 11 2:46pm

Kye

Forum super champ

Grand_Ma wrote:

ooooh kye what a terrible mix getting ready for the interview and having that in the kitchen.
good luck for your job crossed  crossed  crossed

It was strange to keep returning to the bedroom and locking myself in, i didn't even have a cup of tea to keep me calm:|

Likes (0)

#19 Thu 07 Jul 11 3:10pm

joobes

Forum champ
From Somerset, England

Kye I  just had a look on Amazon at planchas. They look great and yes very healthy.

Looking forward to my ab thingy coming. Hope it works, ive never used one before but ive read some good reviews. It was my OH who came up with the idea this morn
thumbsup

shocked  You could have knocked me down with a feather. Its usually me coming up with these ideas and he telling me not to be so crazy. So im well happy       big_smile

Likes (0)

#20 Thu 07 Jul 11 3:33pm

minerva

Forum champ
Occupation Walking the Old Ways
From Living in the Wild Woods
Member since Wed 16 Jan 08

..........I have been searching this morning for the other 1/2 of the rabbit the cat didn't eat!
He sat on the terrace for an hour obviously expecting the poor dead thing to show him where the zip in its fur was, so he could get into it..............that not happening, he sort of tore into it , & next I looked there was only 1/2 of it left.
Then 2 minutes later he was playing down the other end of the garden!
So, where has he stashed the rest of it?
He is dead clever, he covers the rest of his "kill" in leaves & twigs, as a sort of larder that keeps the flies away, & then returns to finish it off................if he remembers, that is!

I just need to find it in case he doesn't come back to finish it off!  puke

Likes (0)