forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#31 Sat 01 Oct 11 3:38am

ANN

Forum champ
From North Carolina
Member since Thu 15 Jul 04

Re: My pet just

........has decided that he owns the house but we can stay as long as we feed him.  He is a solid black cat and we adore him so we have agreed! smile

Likes (0)

#32 Sat 01 Oct 11 5:11am

Lemonman

Occupation Chef and daddy
From Beijing China
Member since Fri 10 Oct 08

My cat Puc became a flat cat and low eats my mint that grows in pots in the window. yikes i think i did something wrong.Take a cat from Holland to China out of love.... oops  whistle
He is sleeping in the chair of my son now dreaming of the ducky he had this morning wink

Likes (0)

#33 Sat 01 Oct 11 11:34am

minerva

Forum champ
Occupation Walking the Old Ways
From Living in the Wild Woods
Member since Wed 16 Jan 08

Tiger went to the vet day before y/day (for his booster jabs) but he is still giving me reproachful looks & assuming that if it works he will get more in his food bowl................no chance!

But at least it's an improvement on the death-stare he was giving me y/day!!!  shocked

Likes (0)

#34 Sat 01 Oct 11 4:03pm

Birdymum

Forum champ
From Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Member since Thu 23 Oct 08

I have given in and allowed them to put a tall bar stool in the kitchen for when my back is playing up. The cats have now decided that it is there for their benefit and sit on it like a throne to supervise the cooking.  hmm

Not it's intended use lol

One of them has now taken over the bottom part of hubby's clothes cupboard as a place to sleep on a more or less permanent arrangement, he had no say in the matter whatsoever. I wonder who is running this house sometimes:question:  shocked

Likes (0)

#35 Mon 24 Oct 11 2:33am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Little cat vomited again. Why does she always choose a carpeted area?

She vomits a lot (a few times a month). How much of a worry is this (apart from the cleaning up)?
help

Last edited by JoyYamDaisy (Mon 24 Oct 11 2:33am)

Likes (0)

#36 Mon 24 Oct 11 3:53am

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

The kitty is probably just  hocking up hairballs...they do that. You can brush the cat to keep it to a minimum. When Lucy was sick a couple of months back, she would walk from the tile floor to the carpet to vomit....and once she vomited on my socks.

She has started a new habit.....carrying kibble in her mouth to the living room, dropping it on the floor then eating.....

Likes (0)

#37 Mon 24 Oct 11 8:47am

BritFinn

Forum champ
Occupation Opiskelija
From Finland
Member since Thu 26 Aug 10

Tina likes to fetch her biscuits in from the utility(laundry) room, to eat on the rug.  It's so funny, if we catch her, we say not in here, and she will turn round to go back into the utility room, but only just inside, and eat them! lol

Also, she knows that she isn't supposed to watch us while we eat.  But the other day, I caught her looking, and when I told her off, she got up turned around, and sat back down with her back to me  lol  lol  lol

Likes (0)

#38 Mon 24 Oct 11 10:15am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

cohphanta wrote:

The kitty is probably just  hocking up hairballs...they do that. You can brush the cat to keep it to a minimum. When Lucy was sick a couple of months back, she would walk from the tile floor to the carpet to vomit....and once she vomited on my socks.

Thanks Coco,
She is such a shorthaired cat, and there is no sign of hair, but maybe she is very sensitive to it. I'll check more closely next time (sigh!).

Likes (0)

#39 Thu 27 Oct 11 3:17pm

BritFinn

Forum champ
Occupation Opiskelija
From Finland
Member since Thu 26 Aug 10

Just been for a walk with Tina and my angel, down one of the forrest roads.  She does like to explore, and will often go off for a bit to look at things.  Well today, we called her as she was a bit behind us, and out she came with a fresh, bloody hare's foot!  yikes

Likes (0)

#40 Thu 27 Oct 11 4:56pm

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

I think Lucy is tired of my long hours.....last night before I went for the carpet cleaning:

She went and scarfed down some kibble then came and vomited at my feet. Not sure if she did it on purpose but ..it made a statement!

Likes (0)