forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Tue 03 Jan 12 11:45am

jamie

Chef
From Fifteen Restaurant, London
Member since Wed 24 Mar 04

Welcome everyone, start the new year cooking!

Hi Guys,

Hope you all had a great break, I had a lovely time with the family. It's great that we have new people from all over the world registering here on the forums and asking people for help with their cooking questions. Thanks to our great forum members as well for helping them. Let's get cooking!

Have a great New Year!

Big love

Jamie O x

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 03 Jan 12 11:55am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Welcome everyone, start the new year cooking!

Happy New year

oh yes.. lets get cooking ..

I am cooking a pumpkin ravioli for supper today.

Likes (0)

#3 Thu 05 Jan 12 12:48pm

amanda.rpo

Member since Thu 05 Jan 12

Last Night, I cooked a "Chilli con Carne" from the book: RevoluÁ„o na Cozinha". I loved the recipes and I'm very happy with the book!
I'm from Brazil and I see your show in GNT Channel.
Kisses
Amanda

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 05 Jan 12 3:34pm

doubleh

Member since Fri 25 Nov 11

I am cooking for my Class for the New Year. They had to watch the 'Great Britain' series as homework and vote for the recipe they wanted to try. It's part of our migration unit on multi-cultural britain. Thankfully no parents commented on your mobile pub name !!! A close call. Wish me luck!!!

Likes (0)

#5 Fri 06 Jan 12 6:11pm

artemisnorth

Member since Sat 25 Jun 11

I'm fairly new here.  Thanks so much Jamie for sharing your cooking with us.  Thanks to you I'm able to find recipes and ways of cooking that take me back to childhood and my Grandmother.  Roasted veg....BRILLIANT!!! flavor. Never would have thought of adding balsamic vinegar. One question...my gran used to make a breakfast that had braised kidney as a part of it.  I was quite little but I remember that I really liked it but have not be able to reproduce an "edible" (yummy) breakfast like her's. Any ideas??

Likes (0)

#6 Fri 06 Jan 12 6:46pm

jackthezakman

Occupation Housewife or whatever the pc word is now
From Coleraine,N.Ireland
Member since Wed 24 Feb 10

Hi, I'm looking for a recipe for shredless marmalade made with jam sugar and ordinary oranges and grapefriut. Please please can anyone help?????? Thanks

Likes (0)

#7 Fri 06 Jan 12 11:25pm

angetoni

Member since Fri 06 Jan 12

Hi, I've a little girl (13months old), who doesn't drink any kind of milk( she just hates it) and i'd like to get some recipe for her breakfast; because, she is really tired of Porridge.
Please help....

Likes (0)

#8 Sat 07 Jan 12 12:56am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

I started making sourdough bread and polenta ............ but there is a cardo waiting to be cooked think  think

Likes (0)

#9 Sat 07 Jan 12 1:33am

IceBekkz

From Iceland
Member since Sat 07 Jan 12

I'd love if someone could help me im 13 years old from Iceland and dont eat vegetables or fruits exept potatos, oranges and lime and lemon. I dont know why, I wanna but I was just born this way and I've never eat them I have never eaten them not even when I was little. I wanna eat healthy but I dont know any healthy meals without vegetables or fruits and the other members of my family wanna eat them but they cant because then I wont eat. I dont know how to make something healthy !
                                        I wanna eat healthy, can you help me ?

Love IceBekkz
                                                    ( Rebekka Sif)
                                                       XoXoXoXo

Likes (0)

#10 Sat 07 Jan 12 9:33am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

IceBekkz , dont think its 'just how you were born ' as your tastes change as you get older , you are very young ( best you remove your age and personal details from your post as this is a very open forum ).
You might find that you start to enjoy vegetables or other fruits .It might just depend how they are cooked.

When I met my husband he basically ate.. meat and gravy ,cheese , fiish ,  potatoes , cakes and biscuits , would reluctantly drink orange juice , ate high bran breakfast cerals and  thought salad was for rabbits and hever ate any fruit.
Now he will eat and enjoy any vegetabeof fruit that he finds ( except bananas ) , loves salad and seaks out different fruit juices. He really enjoys everything .
So just keep trying things in different places or cooked in different ways .

As for the rest of your family not eating them because you wont , I am sorry but this just seems to be something convinient for them to say !
I am a vegetarian and so I dont eat meat, this is because I realy dislike the taste and texture of it , I have tried plenty of different meats over the years.
It does not stop me cooking meat for my family or from them eating meat in frount of me.

So my advice it , try cooking the vegetables in different ways, maybe add some to a pasta sauce , maybe make a soup with some in. Maybe just make some chutney or ketchup . but most of all , keep trying little bits here and there over the years you might just ( as my husband found ) learn to really enjoy the fruits and vegetables and miss them if they are not part of your meals.

Likes (0)