Jamie Oliver

forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 07 Mar 12 5:03pm

Jo Food Rev

From Jamie's Office
Member since Mon 21 Nov 11

Food Revolution Day, May 19!

This year, for the first time ever, May 19th will be Food Revolution Day! So make sure you save the date for this global food festival!

For our inaugural global food festival we are looking to everyone and anyone who cares about food to step up, get involved and join people around the world, whether that’s by hosting a dinner party,  or creating and participating in local food events such as tours of farmers markets, gardening tutorials and food courses.

As we all know, we are in a dire state in terms of obesity and diet related diseases and through Food Revolution day we want to engage, educate and empower people to start the conversation on global food issues and ask people to consider their food choices, take a step towards a healthier lifestyle and stand up for real food.

We’ve just launched our landing page, which you can see at www.foodrevolutionday.com and come the beginning of April, we’ll be launching the full new website. On here you’ll be find lots of resources, infographics and information about the day and how to get involved. There’ll also be personal event pages, a searchable global event map and lots of photos and videos to browse through and add your own too.

Interested in taking part and joining the global movement on May 19? Head on over to www.foodrevolutionday.com and register your interest. More to come shortly!

Last edited by Jo Food Rev (Wed 07 Mar 12 5:09pm)

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 07 Mar 12 6:14pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

Re: Food Revolution Day, May 19!

thumbsup   thumbsup I was thinking of doing something locally  think  think

Likes (0)

#3 Wed 07 Mar 12 6:43pm

christian_halfm

Occupation Sometimes I would like to know myself (or like to change it).
From Germany
Member since Thu 17 Mar 11

I would maybe also do something, if I were not so shy!

Likes (0)

#4 Wed 07 Mar 12 10:06pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

thumbsup

Likes (0)

#5 Wed 07 Mar 12 10:29pm

Danny

Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Thanks Jo, really excited about being involved. It would be incredible if the Food Community here on the site took up the gauntlet. Some of the ideas that we have been speaking about are - Supper Clubs, tea party, pickling and jam making, a good old fashioned BBQ, or teaching a neighbour or a friend how to cook something.... these are just a few ideas - I know that you will all come up with even better ones!

Bring on Food Rev Day!

Likes (0)

#6 Thu 08 Mar 12 12:35am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

I'll try and do something special for my YamDaisy project on that day. cool

Likes (0)

#7 Mon 12 Mar 12 12:07pm

Jo Food Rev

From Jamie's Office

Hi Christian,

You could host a dinner and cook together with your friends - teach them a few recipes that you can cook and enjoy together.

There are lots of things you can do on this day, from hosting dinner parties, pot lucks or community cooking classes, to organizing tours of local farmers markets or doing something in your local schools or workplace to raise awareness. Once our full website for this launches early April, you will be able to see what events are taking place in your area by searching our event map. Additionally on here there will be lots more ideas for the type of dinner party or local food event you can host. We'll let you know when this is live. In the meantime, if you haven't already head on over to www.foodrevolutionday.com and register your interest here so we can keep you in the loop and updated with all our Food Revolution Day news!

Likes (0)

#8 Mon 12 Mar 12 5:47pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

I will be around much of the day on the forum so that I can help with new forum members and the questions that they will be asking.
I am not sure what is going on in my local area.

19th May is a Saturday and so I wont be loking after the children that I help with , I will have to teach them a new recipe earlier in the week for them to make on the 19th.

Likes (0)

#9 Mon 12 Mar 12 9:24pm

Miss GlutenFree

Occupation Admin Officer & Mum
From Queensland, Australia
Member since Sun 14 Mar 10

What a brilliant idea and a great day! My birthday is on the 17th (the Thursday) so we are having an old fashioned bonfire and getting out the campovens to make stew and damper and toast marshmallows. I will be sure to invite a few more people and will spread the word at work!

Likes (0)

#10 Mon 19 Mar 12 8:21pm

Jo Food Rev

From Jamie's Office

Love the idea of the old fashioned bonfire!

Likes (0)