forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#101 Mon 21 May 12 9:16am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

Re: Food Revolution Day, May 19!

I baked a loaf of "pane di fiori" (hop flowers yeast), I was not sure it worked after two years, and it did! I brought it to the inauguration of a reconstruction of a prehistoric village, and handed it to the man who bakes bread in a hole in the ground, after making fire. He has a sort of earth pan now with two flat handles and a hole to let the steam go out, which can be put on the loaf as an oven. I hope one day I'll have one aswell. They have been discoveredby archeologists in Trentino on the Alps.
There were school children learning and listening to a friend of mine explaining the use of herbs, her husband teaching how to make tools from stones, another passionate ragazzo letting children discover things under sand and telling them how you do that without breaking or spoiling and and and
I felt good there sitting on a woodden chair near an open fire in a hut ...... so familiar to me, I would have stayed there waiting for something bubbling in a huge pan on the  embers smile
somehow I felt I was celebrating a good  Food Revolution Day

my pics do not want to appear on the blog section, so imagine them please wink

Last edited by Grand_Ma (Mon 21 May 12 9:25am)

Likes (0)

#102 Mon 21 May 12 9:58am

Danny

Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Thanks so much Mada for your support - I am back on board today after a marathon Food Rev weekend so I will work with Eric to resolve the image uploading challenge.

Kind regards

Danny

Likes (0)

#103 Mon 21 May 12 10:30am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Grandmadamada , that sounds a fantastic day and yes .. I can imagine that oven .. And I can almost smell that bread as it bakes !

I also had a good weekend as I went into Cardiff to see the food revolution event at Jamie's Italian  , they were making a huge 'Welsh Dragon ' picture from pasta .
The pasta , for the picture ,was being made outside the restaurant in the street for all to see  by one of the chefs . Children and passers by we're adding lengths of pasta to make the picture .
Sadly I could not stay and see the picture as it finished , but I can say I was there at the start!
I shall add pictures to my blog later today .
I had a lovely chat to Antonio, who was making the pasta and he spoke to me about the difference in the texture of pasta made with just water and flour compared to  that with eggs added to make the dough.

He also told me of the fantastic time he had had with Fifteen 15 year olds from a local school who had spent the day ,(earlier in the week ) at Jamie's Italian learning to make pasta , salads and bread . He told me about the way their faces showed complete concentration ,then joy and
excitement seeing what they had made .It sounded a lovely time.

Sunday , I went to give a bit of help taking leaves off herbs do that they could be used !
thumbsup

Likes (0)

#104 Mon 21 May 12 11:21pm

JonnyG

Occupation Business editor at Jamie Oliver
From London
Member since Wed 02 May 12

Wow, I thought I had a busy Food Rev day but I seem to have been put to shame, especially by tstucky! I did, however, successfully poach my first egg, which despite being a decent cook is a skill that has evaded me for a good few years. FIt must have been the magic of the day!

I actually spent most of it chopping lettuce, but also going to bake sales and helping Danny out with his and Rocket&Squash's amazing pub lunch supper club.

I popped a blog up on here, as well as on my own blog (which can have more pics!) so have a look at what we all got up to at Jamie HQ.

Likes (0)

#105 Tue 22 May 12 10:19am

Danny

From Jamie's Office

Thanks for your help Jonny G - you are a legend for helping out other staff as well after helping us!

Dan

Likes (0)

#106 Wed 23 May 12 6:43pm

Danny

From Jamie's Office

My update on the 3 Supper Clubs that we ran last weekend for Food Rev Day - such fun, hard work but very rewarding.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/bloggers/vie … p?id=77599

Cheers from Danny

Likes (0)

#107 Wed 23 May 12 9:39pm

christian_halfm

Occupation Sometimes I would like to know myself (or like to change it).
From Germany
Member since Thu 17 Mar 11

Danny, you really did some good work!  thumbsup  thumbsup
You had some very very busy days! I guess ... it was worse it!

Likes (0)

#108 Thu 24 May 12 9:25am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

I have a few pictures of food revolution day that I have put onto
As soon as I can get my old laptop to recognise my smart new phone I will get them onto the forum for you all to see together with the pictures that I took at the last graduates supper club .

Likes (0)

#109 Thu 24 May 12 9:55am

christian_halfm

Occupation Sometimes I would like to know myself (or like to change it).
From Germany
Member since Thu 17 Mar 11

I would like to see those pictures as well.

Likes (0)

#110 Thu 24 May 12 5:01pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

i was there on May 19th
http://nuke.icpalazzolo.org/

Likes (0)