#1001 Wed 05 Jun 13 8:15am

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Hi danicataleb

Double cream is heavy cream with a butterfat content of 42%. This is hard to find in the U.S. You can substitute "heavy cream" which has at least 36% butterfat.

single cream - cream that has at least 18% butterfat; equivalent in the USA, "light cream"

HTH

Likes (0)

#1002 Thu 06 Jun 13 3:03am

bart687

Member since Thu 06 Jun 13

Hi Jamie,
You did a potato bake recipe that sounded really nice but as you spoke to fast when we were writing in down and now T.V.N.Z has wiped it which has really annoyed us, as I am in New Zealand I have been trying to find this recipe for days but no luck.

Is there anybody out there that might be able to help? Please

It has the following.
Potatoes, Red onions salt & pepper, Parmesan cheese, cream, thyme, 1/4 cup Boiling water 3 Anchovies, 1 clove Garlic, 1/4nutmeg.

Cook 6 minutes on stove then in put in the oven.

If this sounds familiar to anybody could somebody please let me know what the recipe is and I will be much appreciated.  big_smile

Likes (0)

#1003 Thu 06 Jun 13 9:21am

SUMMER01

Member since Sat 25 May 13

mummza wrote:

SUMMER01 wrote:

I'm looking for a recipe that you published in The Herald Sun with lamb, rice and sour cherries all in the one pot.  I made it for my family and they loved it but I have lost the paper and I can't find the same recipe anywhere.

Welcome to the forum SUMMER01 smile

What country are you in and how long ago was the recipe published ?

Oh sorry, it was in The Herald Sun, Melbourne, Australia in March or April this year. I would really appreciate any help finding this recipe

Likes (0)

#1004 Thu 06 Jun 13 2:53pm

Liutgard

Occupation Historian (disabled)
From Portland, Oregon, USA

Crazy, but I just saw the blog post on festival/camping food. Would you be interested in some of the work I'm doing in reconstructing  some conjectural Carolingian Frankish food? Stuff for which there are clear cookbooks (in English, even!) and stuff where I have to triangulate between older texts, manorial accounts, medical texts, and archeological work.

Likes (0)

#1005 Thu 06 Jun 13 3:47pm

5Moons

Hi Jamie -  My question is not really a cooking question.  But I hope you can help. The company I work for started a wellness program about 4 years ago, which I am in charge of.  This year, I talked them in to providing a fridge that was dedicated to just healthy food options, which we stock every week.   I am running out of ideas as to what to stock it with to keep it exciting and inviting for everyone.  We usually have green salads, greek yogurt, fruit & vegetable cups, boiled eggs, etc. But we need some new ideas, any suggestions? I can really use some help.

Thank you

Likes (0)

#1006 Thu 06 Jun 13 5:06pm

lesleywilliamso

How to make peach jam ?

Likes (0)

#1007 Thu 06 Jun 13 6:28pm

omkar56

hello guys !

I am looking for a yeast free ,no dairy and soda bicarb bread recipe ! Has anyone tried it yet ? i know one of the indian breads CHAPATTIS  but they are flat thin sheets ..I want something like naan bread or any other fluffy bread.Please post
thanks

Likes (0)

#1008 Sat 08 Jun 13 11:51am

bart687

bart687 wrote:

Hi Jamie,
You did a potato bake recipe that sounded really nice but as you spoke to fast when we were writing in down and now T.V.N.Z has wiped it which has really annoyed us, as I am in New Zealand I have been trying to find this recipe for days but no luck.

It has the following.
Potatoes, Red onions salt & pepper, Parmesan cheese, cream, thyme, 1/4 cup Boiling water 3 Anchovies, 1 clove Garlic, 1/4nutmeg.

If this sounds familiar to anybody could somebody please let me know what the recipe is and I will be much appreciated.  big_smile

Does anybody know this recipe? I would really like it.

Likes (0)

#1009 Sat 08 Jun 13 12:23pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

bart687 wrote:

bart687 wrote:

Hi Jamie,

It has the following.

Does anybody know this recipe? I would really like it.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vege … d-potatoes
I dont think that this is the right recipe, but it was what I found on this website.

can you remember the name of the tv show you were watching as it might help someone to find you the correct recipe.

Last edited by mummza (Sat 08 Jun 13 12:36pm)

Likes (0)

#1010 Sat 08 Jun 13 5:39pm

Rubydoo

Member since Sat 08 Jun 13

I am Canadian but I love British bacon, why is it so much better over there? We have Canadian bacon but its just not the same & regular (streaky) bacon doesn't even compare! What can I do? Can you ask a butcher to cut it the British way? Does anyone have an answer for my bacon dilemma?

Likes (0)