forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1011 Fri 03 May 13 12:01pm

Jamie's Food Team

Member since Mon 21 Jan 13

Re: Ask me a cooking question

katieziesemer wrote:

Hi all,
I'm trying to track down the recipe for Jamie's Sticky BBQ ribs and coleslaw from his Summer Food Rave Up.  They look awesome and I really want to give them a try.
HELP big_smile

Hi there. Here is the link for the recipe. It is on Channel 4 Scrap book.   http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipe-print … ecued-ribs

Likes (0)

#1012 Sat 04 May 13 12:56pm

Turmoe

Member since Sat 04 May 13

Hey Jamie, I simply love the way you cook! It's old fashioned and very healthy! :-)

You use alot of Balsamico vinegar in your meals. Especially with potatoes (which I love!). The problem is: I can't stand balsamico... I don't like the taste of it at all. (I don't like wine either, but I'm a huge fan of beer).

Do you have a tip for what to use as a substitute for balsamico in your meals?

And by the way, if you haven't tried it so far, take a paprika flavoured crisp and a piece of chocolate and eat them all together -> awesome! ;-)

Likes (0)

#1013 Sun 05 May 13 10:02am

darcho

Member since Sun 05 May 13

Hi Jamie,

Would u pls explain again the difference between parsley and celery, because in 1 of your shows, you were holding celery but you said it was parsley. those 2 things are quite different eventho they are from the same family. and a lot of people now convinced that parsley and celery are d same...  hmm   help  thanx

Last edited by darcho (Sun 05 May 13 10:04am)

Likes (0)

#1014 Sun 05 May 13 11:07pm

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Welcome to the forums, darcho : wave: I'm not Jamie, obviously.

I don't recall seeing the "incident" as described by you either on tv or DVD. Can you tell us on which series it belonged?

Simply, to my little mind anyway, parsley is parsley and celery is celery. Sorry if that seems flippant. If they were, as you say, "confused", it must have been in the editing phase of the programme.

Mr Oliver knows his parsley and knows his celery. I'm sure he would be interested in knowing about any slip ups in post-production as he is committed to having the public cook and eat better. "Confusion" is not an option.

I've not been much help, sorry smile. Please try to remember the specifics of the programme.

Last edited by Maree (Sun 05 May 13 11:10pm)

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#1015 Mon 06 May 13 3:23am

darcho

Member since Sun 05 May 13

Thanx Maree!!!!! I thought so, I'm sorry to be honest I didn't watch that "incident" part, but my  husband's ex boss watched and insisted in her opinion. I don't doubt JO, I'm from Indonesia my English is not good and maybe my husband's Ex boss's English not that great either. I guess, I was right anyway!!!!
Thank's again for the quick reply  clap   whistle

Likes (0)

#1016 Mon 06 May 13 4:22am

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Hi darcho! No problem smile.

And your English is absolutely fine! 100% better than my (non-existent) Indonesian wink.

Hope to see you here again smile!

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#1017 Wed 08 May 13 12:29pm

Anneanne

Member since Wed 08 May 13

Hi Jamie,
I would love to use your recipe (Marinated & pot-roasted beef fillet with a brilliant potato & horseradish cake) for my dinner party of 10 people. I was planning to use a 2kg fillet of beef, but was hoping you could advise how I should adjust ingredients and cooking times for the beef to be cooked medium?
Many thanks

Likes (0)

#1018 Thu 09 May 13 3:47pm

No copha

Member since Thu 09 May 13

Hi I've moved to Australia from the u.k. and I've bought some white Christmas mix but it says use Copha which is literally hydrogenated fat.Can you suggest a healthy alternative.plus there are one other members adding copha to your recipes.i watched school dinners an I don't want my kids eating stuff that clogs their arteries .

Likes (0)

#1019 Thu 09 May 13 6:05pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Welcome NoCopha...haven't got a clue what "Copha" is..never seen it in the UK

Also never heard of "White christmas mix"

If you can tell us what white christmas mix is/is for and what ingredients it contains...somebody might be able to help....

Likes (0)

#1020 Thu 09 May 13 9:56pm

englishgraz7

Member since Sat 04 May 13

Hi Jamie Oliver community,
I'm from Austria and I'm new here and I am astonished what's going on in Jamie Oliver's life - incredible. I wonder how he has or has not changed the stereotype of bad / unhealthy British food.

Let me know what you think about it.

Likes (0)