Re: Ask me a cooking question

How to make peach jam ?

Likes (0)

#1072 Thu 06 Jun 13 6:28pm

omkar56

Member since Thu 06 Jun 13

hello guys !

I am looking for a yeast free ,no dairy and soda bicarb bread recipe ! Has anyone tried it yet ? i know one of the indian breads CHAPATTIS  but they are flat thin sheets ..I want something like naan bread or any other fluffy bread.Please post
thanks

Likes (0)

#1073 Sat 08 Jun 13 11:51am

bart687

bart687 wrote:

Hi Jamie,
You did a potato bake recipe that sounded really nice but as you spoke to fast when we were writing in down and now T.V.N.Z has wiped it which has really annoyed us, as I am in New Zealand I have been trying to find this recipe for days but no luck.

Is there anybody out there that might be able to help? Please

It has the following.
Potatoes, Red onions salt & pepper, Parmesan cheese, cream, thyme, 1/4 cup Boiling water 3 Anchovies, 1 clove Garlic, 1/4nutmeg.

Cook 6 minutes on stove then in put in the oven.

If this sounds familiar to anybody could somebody please let me know what the recipe is and I will be much appreciated.  big_smile

Does anybody know this recipe? I would really like it.

Likes (0)

#1074 Sat 08 Jun 13 12:23pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

bart687 wrote:

bart687 wrote:

Hi Jamie,
You did a potato bake recipe that sounded really nice but as you spoke to fast when we were writing in down and now T.V.N.Z has wiped it which has really annoyed us, as I am in New Zealand I have been trying to find this recipe for days but no luck.

It has the following.
Potatoes, Red onions salt & pepper, Parmesan cheese, cream, thyme, 1/4 cup Boiling water 3 Anchovies, 1 clove Garlic, 1/4nutmeg.

If this sounds familiar to anybody could somebody please let me know what the recipe is and I will be much appreciated.  big_smile

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vege … d-potatoes
I dont think that this is the right recipe, but it was what I found on this website.

can you remember the name of the tv show you were watching as it might help someone to find you the correct recipe.

Last edited by mummza (Sat 08 Jun 13 12:36pm)

Likes (0)

#1075 Sat 08 Jun 13 5:39pm

Rubydoo

Member since Sat 08 Jun 13

I am Canadian but I love British bacon, why is it so much better over there? We have Canadian bacon but its just not the same & regular (streaky) bacon doesn't even compare! What can I do? Can you ask a butcher to cut it the British way? Does anyone have an answer for my bacon dilemma?

Likes (0)

#1076 Sun 09 Jun 13 1:57am

bart687

Hi mummza,

Sorry that was not the recipe I was after.  As it was a 30 minute one where Jamie  sliced the potatoes and creamed them and put them on last. I have googled the recipe and have looked it up on other areas but still cannot find the potatoe bake  help If only Jamie could help but I think he would, it's very hard when you live on the other side of the world as in New Zealand we don't get as much Jamie Oliver's recipes as you do. And once the t v show has been on the T V station wipes it so then it's hard.

Likes (0)

#1077 Sun 09 Jun 13 12:39pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Bart:  Potato Dauphinoise I think is what you want:
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chic … t-affogato

eta:  As soon as you said 30 minute meals, I recalled this dish being made.

Last edited by MsPablo (Sun 09 Jun 13 12:53pm)

Likes (0)

#1078 Sun 09 Jun 13 12:54pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

mummza wrote:

bart687 wrote:

bart687 wrote:

Hi Jamie,

It has the following.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vege … d-potatoes
I dont think that this is the right recipe, but it was what I found on this website.

can you remember the name of the tv show you were watching as it might help someone to find you the correct recipe.

It's Dauphinoise Potatoes from Thirty Minute Meals:
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chic … t-affogato

This website's 'search' feature is limiting because they don't have enough terms included, for instance if you search on potatoes anchovies - no luck.  Try using Google for searching next time, it's a lot better, however, if we'd known it was a 30-minute meal recipe, it'd be easy to find on this site.

Look at the top of the page for a pull-down menu for Quick Links and you will find the various shows listed.

Last edited by MsPablo (Sun 09 Jun 13 1:09pm)

Likes (0)

#1079 Tue 11 Jun 13 2:06pm

bibiedwards

Member since Tue 11 Jun 13

Hi Jamie
It amazes me that some one as prestigious as you, cannot afford to have a decent set up to your webpage.  It is horrendously primitive and not at all as cosmopolitan as I expected your setup to be.  Please do something about it - otherwise you will have people losing faith in you.  You will.
Barbara

Last edited by bibiedwards (Tue 11 Jun 13 2:07pm)

Likes (0)

#1080 Wed 12 Jun 13 12:07am

bart687

WOW bibiedwards,

What made you say this? Jamie may not be replying to people of when you click on talk to Jamie (well That's false)  but I may be saying something totally wrong here.  Only because I don't (A) live in England but live on the other side of the world in fact New Zealand is where I live.
This is not a cooking question.

From Craig.
N.Z

Likes (0)