Subscribe to forums RSS

#1071 Sun 02 Jun 13 7:16pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Robyn5210 wrote:

How do I find the "how to" video indicated in the 30 minute meals cook book on stuffed Cypriot chicken.

At the top of the page:  Quick Links - Videos - Search

http://www.jamieoliver.com/videos?searc … ot+Chicken

Likes (0)

#1072 Mon 03 Jun 13 7:28am

Wildjeff

Member since Sun 02 Jun 13

Hi
Just joined
Have been married 30 yrs to a grt cook, but started doing some of the cooking recently - Sat tea time.
Been following your Daily Mail recipes.
Last weekends Thai fish dish tasted grt but looked nothing like the picture.
Not sticky at all. Too wet, like a broth.
Too much coconut milk.
I think your recipe quants are wrong, or the introduction of the caramel should be after the sauce has thickened, but I simmered the fish for 20 mins and it was no where near thickening.
I would like to do it again but get it right.
If its not the recipe, what might I have done wrong.
From Jeff
A newcomer to cooking but not a newcomer to eating !!!!!!!

Likes (0)

#1073 Mon 03 Jun 13 11:02pm

tess.ward

Member since Thu 01 Jan 70

Does anyone have any suggestions on different and unique flavour combinations for Bruschetta....

http://theyeschef.com/easy-recipe/chori … ruschetta/

Likes (0)

#1074 Tue 04 Jun 13 5:12pm

Iamchocolate*~

Occupation Recruitment Consultant
From Lowestoft
Member since Tue 04 Jun 13

This isn't so much a cooking question but a matter of life and death. E.g. Food poisoning.

I froze my mothers Bengali chicken curry the day she made it for me it has since then been 2weeks and I have taken it out of the freezer and put it in the fridge yesterday morning since then it has been almost 36hours.

Am I safe to re heat this in a sauce pan and eat it?

Or will I end up giving not only myself but my partner food poisoning?

Many thanks in advance for any advice in regards to this.

Likes (0)

#1075 Tue 04 Jun 13 5:46pm

moeabdullah

From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Member since Wed 15 May 13

Hi Chocolate!

Was the curry made with coconut milk or any diary product? If yes then you best discard the curry. If not, you may try to heat it up and have a smell. If you are brave have a little taste. Any funny taste then please discard immediately. If not then enjoy.

Good luck and best of health!
moe

Likes (0)

#1076 Tue 04 Jun 13 6:25pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Iamchocolate:  If the curry was cooled and frozen right after it was cooked and didn't spend much time at room temperature, then it should be just fine to heat it and serve it after it has thawed in a refrigerator for 36 hours.  Often, it takes food that long to fully thaw anyway.  Your refrigerator should be just below 40 F. or 4.4 C.

Another method I sometimes use for small quantities of something like a curry or stew is to put it in the microwave frozen on the defrost setting or put it in a pan on the stove frozen and heat it up fairly fast to the boiling point.  But, thawing in the refrigerator is just fine and you could even have left it in there for up to 3 days before cooking if all the other steps were done correctly.

Never take even a tiny taste of food that you suspect has spoiled.  Just one drop can make you seriously ill.

Last edited by MsPablo (Tue 04 Jun 13 6:34pm)

Likes (0)

#1077 Wed 05 Jun 13 2:51am

misko.misoski

Member since Wed 05 Jun 13

Hello Jamie,
Nice been here on this site.
First of all, I must say that i recently started to watch your shows on 24kitchen channel and they are great. I am not a chef, or anything like that...but I do like food and to watch how it is prepared. As i mentioned, in your shows, I see that you like and enjoying traveling to countries and exploring new foods.
So this would be my invitation to you to come to my homeland Macedonia, where the best food is. I invite you come to try our food, which is combination of Mediterranean, Greek and oriental food. But certainly the best in the world! Trust me. You must try our home made food, and my mom's cooking, the cakes !
I trully want to show you the beauty of our country's food and drinks here. I dont think that you had the opportunity to come here, so I am more than pleased to offer you stay in Macedonia
I will be your host here. You are more than welcome to come into our house, its is a small apartment, but always open for kind and warm people.
My goal is to show you, that Macedonian food is among the best in the world, but not very commercial and people do not know much about our food and to enrich you with more experience and knowledge about home made cookings.
Maybe, this letter will never reach you, maybe a lot of people on the forum, will find this funny ..but nevertheless.
This was an open hearted invitation to you to come to Macedonia, to meet my family, to see our culture to taste our food and drinks, to see how people live here and how food is big factor is people's life's here.
Just try us ...
Hope that you will somehow read this, and be our guest sometimes ...
Kind regards
Miroslav smile

Likes (0)

#1078 Wed 05 Jun 13 4:55am

danicataleb

Occupation Fulltime mom
Member since Wed 05 Jun 13

Hi can you tell me exactly what a double cream and a single crem is?? Im from south america from Ecuador I we dont have that or at least its called differently heelp

Likes (0)

#1079 Wed 05 Jun 13 8:15am

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Hi danicataleb

Double cream is heavy cream with a butterfat content of 42%. This is hard to find in the U.S. You can substitute "heavy cream" which has at least 36% butterfat.

single cream - cream that has at least 18% butterfat; equivalent in the USA, "light cream"

HTH

Likes (0)

#1080 Thu 06 Jun 13 3:03am

bart687

Member since Thu 06 Jun 13

Hi Jamie,
You did a potato bake recipe that sounded really nice but as you spoke to fast when we were writing in down and now T.V.N.Z has wiped it which has really annoyed us, as I am in New Zealand I have been trying to find this recipe for days but no luck.

Is there anybody out there that might be able to help? Please

It has the following.
Potatoes, Red onions salt & pepper, Parmesan cheese, cream, thyme, 1/4 cup Boiling water 3 Anchovies, 1 clove Garlic, 1/4nutmeg.

Cook 6 minutes on stove then in put in the oven.

If this sounds familiar to anybody could somebody please let me know what the recipe is and I will be much appreciated.  big_smile

Likes (0)