Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Re: Ask me a cooking question

mummza wrote:

bart687 wrote:

bart687 wrote:

Hi Jamie,
You did a potato bake recipe that sounded really nice but as you spoke to fast when we were writing in down and now T.V.N.Z has wiped it which has really annoyed us, as I am in New Zealand I have been trying to find this recipe for days but no luck.

Is there anybody out there that might be able to help? Please

It has the following.
Potatoes, Red onions salt & pepper, Parmesan cheese, cream, thyme, 1/4 cup Boiling water 3 Anchovies, 1 clove Garlic, 1/4nutmeg.

Cook 6 minutes on stove then in put in the oven.

If this sounds familiar to anybody could somebody please let me know what the recipe is and I will be much appreciated.  big_smile

Does anybody know this recipe? I would really like it.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vege … d-potatoes
I dont think that this is the right recipe, but it was what I found on this website.

can you remember the name of the tv show you were watching as it might help someone to find you the correct recipe.

It's Dauphinoise Potatoes from Thirty Minute Meals:
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chic … t-affogato

This website's 'search' feature is limiting because they don't have enough terms included, for instance if you search on potatoes anchovies - no luck.  Try using Google for searching next time, it's a lot better, however, if we'd known it was a 30-minute meal recipe, it'd be easy to find on this site.

Look at the top of the page for a pull-down menu for Quick Links and you will find the various shows listed.

Last edited by MsPablo (Sun 09 Jun 13 1:09pm)

Likes (0)

#1092 Tue 11 Jun 13 2:06pm

bibiedwards

Member since Tue 11 Jun 13

Hi Jamie
It amazes me that some one as prestigious as you, cannot afford to have a decent set up to your webpage.  It is horrendously primitive and not at all as cosmopolitan as I expected your setup to be.  Please do something about it - otherwise you will have people losing faith in you.  You will.
Barbara

Last edited by bibiedwards (Tue 11 Jun 13 2:07pm)

Likes (0)

#1093 Wed 12 Jun 13 12:07am

bart687

Member since Thu 06 Jun 13

WOW bibiedwards,

What made you say this? Jamie may not be replying to people of when you click on talk to Jamie (well That's false)  but I may be saying something totally wrong here.  Only because I don't (A) live in England but live on the other side of the world in fact New Zealand is where I live.
This is not a cooking question.

From Craig.
N.Z

Likes (0)

#1094 Sat 15 Jun 13 6:45pm

kennethkiew

Member since Sat 15 Jun 13

Hi Jamie,

I made a batch of garlic-infused olive oil a couple of days back and was quietly pleased with myself. Until I read about something called Botulism. I wasn't sure if I made it right, so I threw the whole batch away. Do you have a recipe that is safe and easy to make because I would love to make it again.
PS: (is it necessary to refrigerate the oil? Won't food spoil if you take it out and refrigerate it too many times?)

Cheers smile

Kenneth

Likes (0)

#1095 Sat 15 Jun 13 11:30pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

kennethkiew wrote:

Hi Jamie,

I made a batch of garlic-infused olive oil a couple of days back and was quietly pleased with myself. Until I read about something called Botulism. I wasn't sure if I made it right, so I threw the whole batch away. Do you have a recipe that is safe and easy to make because I would love to make it again.
PS: (is it necessary to refrigerate the oil?

I make garlic oil and its by-product confit garlic (or vice versa) on a weekly basis. The safety guidelines are to keep it refrigerated and to use within four-five days. It doesn't last that long here.

The "bought" /commercial garlic oil (and other flavoured oils) have been "treated" so they have a much longer shelf /fridge life.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#1096 Sun 16 Jun 13 7:50am

YoungEaters

Member since Sun 16 Jun 13

Hello Jamie, I work for a company providing school dinner in primary schools. The company is using your school dinner menu/recipe. I recently cooked a "Clare's Turkey pie" which didn't look very nice: the sauce is too runny and the sauce looks grey instead of white. I did follow the recipe. I am thinking could it be that I used olive oil to fry up turkey mince, or could it be that the vegs were colouring the dish? I went on youtube watched a video of you cooking chicken pie, I noticed that you didn't bother to make a white sauce. Instead you just added flour and cream fraiche. Could you let me know the difference between these two methods of making pie fillings? as school kitchens are constrained by timing, would it be better if your recipe actually instruct using flour and soft cheese instead of requiring basic white sauce?

Likes (0)

#1097 Mon 17 Jun 13 11:03am

alice2112

Member since Mon 17 Jun 13

Hey,

a few weeks ago I was at Jamie's Fifteen and had an amazing Cocktail with Gin and Earl Grey (it was served in a tea pot for two people). Unfortunately I forgot the name. Can you let me know the name and the recipe, please?  big_smile

Thanks in advance!

Likes (0)

#1098 Mon 17 Jun 13 12:38pm

mark_kiwi

Hi Jamie,
            Firstly, love your shows and infectious enthusiasm! (You even inspire me to want to have a go at letting rip in the kitchen!)
My “other job† is a Scout leader and at the end of the year I will be attending the 20th New Zealand Scout Jamboree along with a few thousand kids and adults. Having attended a couple of these in the past, I know the menu sometimes leaves a bit to be desired…. it is a challenging environment and can be difficult to provide exciting, healthy and nutritious food for the kids. And on a Jamboree… they really need it.
We camp in tented troops of 32 Scouts (aged 10-15) with 6-7 adults. The facilities are pretty basic ie. Eat, sleep and cook in tents, cook on gas (no electricity), food is a set menu, delivered daily and kept cool in chilly bins with ice (which in mid summer soon becomes slurry in the bottom) and fresh and waste water is carried on and off site by hand. (Last time Jamboree was held in this location, it started raining the day people arrived, and stopped on the last day…. just in time for the wind! Trench foot became a real risk.)
I know the organisers try their best, but the food is often frozen and processed and within a few days the body is craving fresh meat etc. (It doesn’t make it easy when you add in food allergies, gluten free requirements etc that some individuals have.) While some fresh produce is available, it is often past its best by the time it hits the table as it can’t be easily kept cool.
I want to significantly improve the standard, quality and nutrition for the kids and adults and could really do with some ideas on how we can turn around the menu with the help of some basic ingredients and/or cooking techniques that work well in a camp environment. (The techniques can’t be too difficult, as the kids do all the cooking.)
The challenge is trying to turn things like processed chicken or lamb nuggets, frozen meat patties, fish cakes, or cheap processed sausages etc and packet meal mixes, stir fry bag mixes etc into appealing and nutritious meals using not much more than a bbq, large pots, frying pans and a couple of gas cookers. (Normally everything ends up either fried or boiled up together.) We need your flare and culinary skills to jazz up the meals.
Any ideas?

Cheers!
Mark
smile

Likes (0)

#1099 Mon 17 Jun 13 2:32pm

sibu

Hi Jamie,
Greetings from Denmark  smile
My son loves to spend time in the kitchen and since we´re going to London on his birthday (the 28.th.) I wanted us to attend one of the lessons at one of your "Recipease places" as a birthday present. But when I was booking I realised that we can´t attend the same lessons becourse of his age (14). Bad Luck sad
It would have been the perfect gift for him (and me wink . He is a very good cook an is pretty good at english too.
Wasn't it an idea to make cooking lessons for parents AND kids. I think it would be a very good way to get the whole family involved in the kitchen!
And....Thank you for all the inspiration you have given to me and my family.
Summergreetings and a big hug
Signe

Likes (0)

#1100 Mon 17 Jun 13 10:01pm

EvaFrentz

Hi Jamie!

I`m having 10-15 people for dinner this weekend (Its Midsummer here in Sweden). And I`m having a Jerk Ham, I have found a recipie, but I cant find fresh bayleaves, can I use dryed in stead? I saw you cook it on TV here in Sweden, some time ago, have tried to find the episode on the Internet, but I have not found it. Would like to see it again. But I found Jrk Ham Hog and its not the same.
Lots of Love, Eva in sweden!!!

Likes (0)