Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1101 Mon 17 Jun 13 10:03pm

louisesamantha

Member since Mon 17 Jun 13

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Hi - I have a question about the pizza dough recipe please....

I made it today for the first time.  DELICIOUS, and my kids said it was even better than buying a pizza!! Praise indeed!  But the quantity is just way too much.  Can I just halve the recipe or does it affect it, or alternatively does it freeze?  At what stage can I freeze it?

Thank you!

Louise

Likes (0)

#1102 Tue 18 Jun 13 9:31am

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

louisesamantha wrote:

Hi - I have a question about the pizza dough recipe please....

I made it today for the first time.  DELICIOUS, and my kids said it was even better than buying a pizza!! Praise indeed!  But the quantity is just way too much.  Can I just halve the recipe or does it affect it, or alternatively does it freeze?  At what stage can I freeze it?

Thank you!

Louise

Yes just halve the ingredients.

Likes (0)

#1103 Tue 18 Jun 13 9:40am

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k

EvaFrentz wrote:

Hi Jamie!

I`m having 10-15 people for dinner this weekend (Its Midsummer here in Sweden). And I`m having a Jerk Ham, I have found a recipie, but I cant find fresh bayleaves, can I use dryed in stead? I saw you cook it on TV here in Sweden, some time ago, have tried to find the episode on the Internet, but I have not found it. Would like to see it again. But I found Jrk Ham Hog and its not the same.
Lots of Love, Eva in sweden!!!

You can use dried, but the flavour isn't quite the same...

How many bay leaves do you need ?

Post your address and i'll send you some...(You might want to delete your address once I've confirmed i've noted it...)

Likes (0)

#1104 Tue 18 Jun 13 12:01pm

Kiwi Kris

Forum champ
From New Zealand
Member since Sun 09 Jan 05

Hi Wine~0! Hope all is well over your way?!...Just a thought here - maybe, EvaFrentz, could contact you via your "high-lighted e-mail button" - which would be a safer option! wink Cheers! smile  ... p.s. hope your dinner-party is lots of fun this weekend, Eva!  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#1105 Tue 18 Jun 13 12:05pm

louisesamantha

Member since Mon 17 Jun 13

Thank you Wine-O I wasn't sure if it was a recipe that could be halved because of the nature of the rising etc....will do that next time smile

Likes (0)

#1106 Tue 18 Jun 13 6:06pm

cherrylips100

Member since Tue 18 Jun 13

Hi there, looking for very simple but impressive Sunday lunch ideas catering for 8 adults and 8 children... I live in Scotland :-) Thank you :-)    help

Last edited by cherrylips100 (Tue 18 Jun 13 6:07pm)

Likes (0)

#1107 Tue 18 Jun 13 6:08pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

wine~o wrote:

EvaFrentz wrote:

Hi Jamie!

I`m having 10-15 people for dinner this weekend (Its Midsummer here in Sweden). And I`m having a Jerk Ham, I have found a recipie, but I cant find fresh bayleaves, can I use dryed in stead? I saw you cook it on TV here in Sweden, some time ago, have tried to find the episode on the Internet, but I have not found it. Would like to see it again. But I found Jrk Ham Hog and its not the same.
Lots of Love, Eva in sweden!!!

You can use dried, but the flavour isn't quite the same...

How many bay leaves do you need ?

Post your address and i'll send you some...(You might want to delete your address once I've confirmed i've noted it...)

The flavour isn't quite the same if you use dried bay leaves its not quite so strong so you could just add more .

Likes (0)

#1108 Tue 18 Jun 13 6:09pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

cherrylips100 wrote:

Hi there, looking for very simple but impressive Sunday lunch ideas catering for 8 adults and 8 children... I live in Scotland :-) Thank you :-)    help

Welcome to the forum cherrylips100 smile

Lunch for 16 is quite a lot of cooking , if your not used to it so its an idea to keep things fairly simple but tasty .
Deserts could be cold things eg pavlova as this can mostly be prepared before hand.

What sort of things do you enjoy eating for a Sunday lunch ?

Likes (0)

#1109 Tue 18 Jun 13 6:22pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k

Kiwi Kris wrote:

Hi Wine~0! Hope all is well over your way?!...Just a thought here - maybe, EvaFrentz, could contact you via your "high-lighted e-mail button" - which would be a safer option! wink :

Good point, well made.... lol

Likes (0)

#1110 Tue 18 Jun 13 6:28pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k

mummza wrote:

The flavour isn't quite the same if you use dried bay leaves its not quite so strong so you could just add more .

IMHO the difference in flavour is not compensated for by using more dried bay, the flavour is actually different, the oils in fresh Bay give a different aroma to dried....

If you think I'm barking up the wrong (Bay) tree........try cutting a dried leaf in half, rub it between your palms and smell......

Then try the same with a fresh leaf.....

Likes (0)