Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1111 Sat 29 Jun 13 7:47am

chefmikej

Member since Sat 29 Jun 13

Re: Ask me a cooking question

In your recipes you often refer to herbs etc as a bunch...or portions thereof...big, small,half. How much is a bunch? Getting it wrong could under or over-power the end result.  question

Likes (0)

#1112 Sat 29 Jun 13 9:14am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

chefmikej wrote:

In your recipes you often refer to herbs etc as a bunch...or portions thereof...big, small,half. How much is a bunch? Getting it wrong could under or over-power the end result.  question

I asked this question last year at a food fair because I grow (most of) my own herbs and I find "bunch" really annoying.

The chefs (sort of) agreed that for soft herbs a bunch was a cup of trimmed herbs and for woody herbs, a bunch is a half cup of trimmed (of stems, twigs etc) herbs.

For. "Big, small, half" etc take the above as your guide.

Hope this helps smile.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#1113 Sat 29 Jun 13 11:47am

PAPATUANUKU

Member since Sat 29 Jun 13

Hello Jamie,
I am looking for a recipe for Persimmon? I have no idea how to cook persimmon or if it can be cooked.
So much appreciate your response
smile

Likes (0)

#1114 Sat 29 Jun 13 1:55pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

PAPATUANUKU wrote:

Hello Jamie,
I am looking for a recipe for Persimmon? I have no idea how to cook persimmon or if it can be cooked.
So much appreciate your response
smile

Hi and welcome to the forum.  I have used the Fuji persimmons sliced on top of a baked fruit tart.  There are several 'tea cake' recipes online for persimmon cake.  In Japan, they blend them in to fruit drinks, which is nice and you can also get them slightly dried, which is something I really miss.  The dried ones were delicious!

Likes (0)

#1115 Wed 03 Jul 13 4:31pm

Andreportugal

Member since Wed 03 Jul 13

HI there Jamie!
help
I don't know if you have already answered the question before, but since I've got no time to read all the messages, here it goes:

What brand of pasta machine do you recommend? Any model in particular?

Thanks a lot!

Abraços from Portugal!  smile

Likes (0)

#1116 Wed 03 Jul 13 4:38pm

Andreportugal

Member since Wed 03 Jul 13

Hi everyone, it's me again!
I addressed my previous message to Jamie but anyone would be welcome with suggestions! wink

Likes (0)

#1117 Thu 04 Jul 13 11:40pm

Sajidah

Member since Thu 04 Jul 13

Dear Jamie,  I was looking at your line of cookware in my research to find the healthiest and best (easiest to clean and thickest/able to spread heat) cookware which is hard annodized aluminium cookware WITHOUT non-stick coating. Unfortunately, all your cookware has non-stick coating - definitely not healthy after one scratch.  I was very frustrated and ended up having to import Calphalon from the USA at a huge cost. My husband has Alzheimer's dementia and soft aluminum and non-stick surfaces are not going to be used in my kitchen.  Why don't you offer a "non"-non-stick coated line (just leave off the coating) and advertise it to people who want the healtiest and easiest to care for cookware?  It would be better for all of Britain and maybe France, too.  They don't have it either.  The hard annodized cookware is fairly non-stick  and cleans very easily anyway.  If you did offer it, I could have saved hundreds of pounds and spent some of it with you. Sajidah

Likes (0)

#1118 Fri 05 Jul 13 12:47pm

ken@15min

Member since Fri 05 Jul 13

Hi!

I've been watching most of your videos in TLC and you really did good (good food and cooking). And as I observed some of the recipes need to be cooked in the oven. I love most of the recipes and dying to make it as well. I'm not a chef but I love cooking much I enjoy cooking for my friends and family:-). Anyway what I would like to ask, is there an alternative way of cooking aside from doing it in an oven? I just had a toaster and a microwave.

Thanks,
Kenneth

Likes (0)

#1119 Sun 07 Jul 13 4:19pm

alepalacios

Member since Sun 07 Jul 13

Hi! i am from Monterrey, Mexico (my english is no good big_smile)
i see a show from Oliver 15 min. meals
and i want a recipe from that show, and i do not find it sad
in that episode Oliver made a rosemary chicken whit cherry tomatoes, and pasta
the pasta recipe is that i need, is a lasagna pasta cut and boil in water and then he put pesto and spinach and green beans 
I've only seen the TV commercials on that episode just spend like 20 seconds and is all that I can see, I have not seen that episode, could you help me whit the recipe??
tks
Ale Palacios

Likes (0)

#1120 Sun 07 Jul 13 4:44pm

Jampiecover

Member since Sat 06 Jul 13

Hi Jamie
I have to start by confessing that I don't like cooking. Never have and we have always been guilty of making quick meals out of a box or ordering out. As you can imagine we're not the healthiest of families. I'm a Mother of three kids under 8 and works full-time. I can't begin to tell you how tired I am when getting home and the biggest reason for my lack of cooking spirit is a disorganised outdated and cluttered kitchen. We are in the fortunate position of having brand new kitchen cupboards installed next week. And it also looks like my parents-in-law will soon be moving into a granny flat on our premises.

For the last few weeks (while not having a kitchen) I've been really starting to crave good home-made meals. I saw one of your episodes on the fifteen minute meals series and I must say that this really looks like it could suit me. I know at first I might not be able to make it in 15 minutes but I just love the recipes. They are quick, healthy and made with ingredients that could be stocked up in the basic household.

I'm now considering to buy your book... 15 minute meal book, but it looks like all the recipes are only for 2-4 servings. I did buy your Android app 20 minute meals but found the same problem.

The question I have for you is this:
- Can I multiply all the ingredients by 2 if I have to cook for 7?
- Would you perhaps consider releasing 15 minute meal app for Android and have the option to choose the amount of servings (up to 8)? Then I don't have to experiment and maybe get discouraged to cook because most of my meals taste bad?

Sorry for long post... hope you'll be able to answer me personally.

Likes (0)