Subscribe to forums RSS

#1121 Tue 25 Jun 13 6:56pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Re: Ask me a cooking question

yep...it'll speed up the cooking process...by about 1 minute............

Always check chicken/poultry is fully cooked by inserting a skewer or similar into the thickest part of the meat (Mr. Olivers brain in this case)

And make sure the juices run clear....

Likes (0)

#1122 Wed 26 Jun 13 12:00pm

Amandatrant

Member since Wed 26 Jun 13

Hi, I was given some beautiful venison from Scotland earlier this year.  i made a casserole with some straight away and froze the rest.  I think our friend had been given a whole haunch of red deer and couldn't fit it all in his freezer.  Anyway I was wondering if there is a way I can tell if the meat would be suitable for cooking like a steak or whether I need to cook it long and slow?

Amanda

Likes (0)

#1123 Thu 27 Jun 13 2:41pm

lizamck1

Member since Thu 27 Jun 13

Hi Jamie
I have an intolerance to the protein in dairy products can you please give me an easy recipe for chicken fillets without hot spices etc. which will give me some flavour for one person only.
Thank you
Elizabeth McKay

Likes (0)

#1124 Sat 29 Jun 13 7:47am

chefmikej

Member since Sat 29 Jun 13

In your recipes you often refer to herbs etc as a bunch...or portions thereof...big, small,half. How much is a bunch? Getting it wrong could under or over-power the end result.  question

Likes (0)

#1125 Sat 29 Jun 13 9:14am

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

chefmikej wrote:

In your recipes you often refer to herbs etc as a bunch...or portions thereof...big, small,half. How much is a bunch? Getting it wrong could under or over-power the end result.  question

I asked this question last year at a food fair because I grow (most of) my own herbs and I find "bunch" really annoying.

The chefs (sort of) agreed that for soft herbs a bunch was a cup of trimmed herbs and for woody herbs, a bunch is a half cup of trimmed (of stems, twigs etc) herbs.

For. "Big, small, half" etc take the above as your guide.

Hope this helps smile.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#1126 Sat 29 Jun 13 11:47am

PAPATUANUKU

Member since Sat 29 Jun 13

Hello Jamie,
I am looking for a recipe for Persimmon? I have no idea how to cook persimmon or if it can be cooked.
So much appreciate your response
smile

Likes (0)

#1127 Sat 29 Jun 13 1:55pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

PAPATUANUKU wrote:

Hello Jamie,
I am looking for a recipe for Persimmon? I have no idea how to cook persimmon or if it can be cooked.
So much appreciate your response
smile

Hi and welcome to the forum.  I have used the Fuji persimmons sliced on top of a baked fruit tart.  There are several 'tea cake' recipes online for persimmon cake.  In Japan, they blend them in to fruit drinks, which is nice and you can also get them slightly dried, which is something I really miss.  The dried ones were delicious!

Likes (0)

#1128 Wed 03 Jul 13 4:31pm

Andreportugal

Member since Wed 03 Jul 13

HI there Jamie!
help
I don't know if you have already answered the question before, but since I've got no time to read all the messages, here it goes:

What brand of pasta machine do you recommend? Any model in particular?

Thanks a lot!

Abra├žos from Portugal!  smile

Likes (0)

#1129 Wed 03 Jul 13 4:38pm

Andreportugal

Member since Wed 03 Jul 13

Hi everyone, it's me again!
I addressed my previous message to Jamie but anyone would be welcome with suggestions! wink

Likes (0)

#1130 Thu 04 Jul 13 11:40pm

Sajidah

Member since Thu 04 Jul 13

Dear Jamie,  I was looking at your line of cookware in my research to find the healthiest and best (easiest to clean and thickest/able to spread heat) cookware which is hard annodized aluminium cookware WITHOUT non-stick coating. Unfortunately, all your cookware has non-stick coating - definitely not healthy after one scratch.  I was very frustrated and ended up having to import Calphalon from the USA at a huge cost. My husband has Alzheimer's dementia and soft aluminum and non-stick surfaces are not going to be used in my kitchen.  Why don't you offer a "non"-non-stick coated line (just leave off the coating) and advertise it to people who want the healtiest and easiest to care for cookware?  It would be better for all of Britain and maybe France, too.  They don't have it either.  The hard annodized cookware is fairly non-stick  and cleans very easily anyway.  If you did offer it, I could have saved hundreds of pounds and spent some of it with you. Sajidah

Likes (0)