Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1221 Thu 12 Dec 13 7:52am

dinein44

Member since Sat 07 Dec 13

Re: Ask me a cooking question

I would love to make a quick and simple homemade pasta. do you have a favorite recipe for fresh pasta sheets?

Likes (0)

#1222 Fri 13 Dec 13 5:34pm

JeffD

Member since Fri 13 Dec 13

Hi Jamie
I have a Turkey Crown rather than a complete Turkey this year. Can you please offer me any tips for cooking this?
I was going to baste it in salted butter and cook it in a foil parcel with some streaky bacon.
What do you think?
Many thanks
Jeff

Likes (0)

#1223 Fri 13 Dec 13 5:40pm

cgal9270

Member since Tue 23 Aug 11

I'm planning to make turkey (or guinea fowl or capon) for Christmas. I wondered whether you have a recipe where I can bake the filling separately and serve them kind as a sidedish? How much do I need for 5 adults and a child?
Cheers from Belgium

Likes (0)

#1224 Fri 20 Dec 13 3:44pm

CarlaMaria

Member since Fri 20 Dec 13

Hi Jamie,
I,m from Portugal, and doing a turkey dinner for Christmas.
I,m used to the stuffing from America, (where I used to live) and in Portugal they don´t have it.
What should I do to be close to the stuffing in America. Need your help.
Kisses
Carla  smile

Likes (0)

#1225 Fri 20 Dec 13 8:16pm

Alexandra1

From Surrey
Member since Thu 29 Dec 05

Hi Jaime
I am making the chicken caccatoire on Christmas Eve but will be making it for 10 people. 

I cannot use the anchovies as the kids won't eat it otherwise.  I cannot add bacon due to religious reasons for another person.

Would I just double everything or what would you suggest ?
Thanks in advance think

Likes (0)

#1226 Fri 20 Dec 13 8:26pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Alexandra1 wrote:

I cannot use the anchovies as the kids won't eat it otherwise.  I cannot add bacon due to religious reasons for another :

I can assure you they won't taste the anchovies. They won't even know they're there. Anchovies cooked add a depth of flavour. They add seasoning and are in all sorts of  bought products that they are probably consuming without knowing. They don't taste "fishy" when cooked.  So, unless there are other issues such as allergies, add the anchovies.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#1227 Fri 20 Dec 13 8:32pm

Alexandra1

From Surrey
Member since Thu 29 Dec 05

Thank you for that.  I will add them then.
big_smile

Likes (0)

#1228 Fri 20 Dec 13 8:38pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

You're welcome! smile

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#1229 Sat 21 Dec 13 12:45pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Maree wrote:

Alexandra1 wrote:

I cannot use the anchovies as the kids won't eat it otherwise.  I cannot add bacon due to religious reasons for another :

I can assure you they won't taste the anchovies. They won't even know they're there. Anchovies cooked add a depth of flavour. They add seasoning and are in all sorts of  bought products that they are probably consuming without knowing. They don't taste "fishy" when cooked.  So, unless there are other issues such as allergies, add the anchovies.

As Maree says you need to be aware of people allergies . so .If you are cooking for others and you are using anchovies to season things you need to make sure that nobody is allergic to fish before you use them .

Likes (4)

#1230 Fri 27 Dec 13 10:21pm

chrissyh66

Member since Fri 27 Dec 13

Please can you tell me the reason for cooking leeks for 30 minutes in the Jamie's Christmas Lucious Leftover turkey and leek pie, when leeks can be cooked in a few just a few minutes?
Thank you..
Christine x

Likes (0)