Subscribe to forums RSS

#1281 Fri 25 Apr 14 11:00am

Nurse16

Occupation Nurse
From Adelaide, South Australia
Member since Fri 25 Apr 14

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Hi Jamie

Can you help me with my Yorkshire puddings? I can never get them to rise and go crispy. They are always flat and soggy! What am I doing wrong???  Perhaps it's cos I'm upside down in Aus (lol).
Great site by the way. X help

Likes (0)

#1282 Fri 25 Apr 14 11:29am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Hi Nurse16 wave and welcome to the forums smile.

I'm "down under", too. Don't have a problem smile. Is your fat smoking hot before you pour in your batter? Do you let your batter rest (to develop the gluten strands) for a bare minimum of 30 mins before cooking? Do you open the oven door to peak/ remove other food while the Yorkshires are in? They will deflate somewhat when you take them out of the oven which is why everything else should be raring to go (just need to serve the Yorkies and then -> table.

Hope this helps smile.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#1283 Fri 25 Apr 14 11:55am

Nurse16

Occupation Nurse

Hi Maree

That's probably a no on both counts. Will have a go and make sure I follow your advice. Fingers crossed I can master it, cause I do love yorkshires and you rarely get them here in Adelaide. Thanks so much for your reply. thumbsup

Likes (0)

#1284 Fri 25 Apr 14 12:04pm

Maree

Forum super champ

Nurse16 wrote:

Hi Maree

That's probably a no on both counts. Will have a go and make sure I follow your advice. Fingers crossed I can master it, cause I do love yorkshires and you rarely get them here in Adelaide. Thanks so much for your reply. thumbsup

You're welcome. Good luck!  thumbsup

Let's know how you go smile.

Likes (0)

#1285 Fri 25 Apr 14 12:13pm

Nurse16

Occupation Nurse

Will do. Thanks

Likes (0)

#1286 Sat 26 Apr 14 1:28pm

Nurse16

Occupation Nurse

Hi Maree

Well I followed your advice and used Jamie's Yorkshire's recipe and they came out Perfect!!!!!!  still can't believe that I've cracked it  clap
I made the batter and put it in the fridge for an hour beforehand and heated the tin with oil at 225c for about 15 mins before adding the batter and cooking. Luckily I have a clear glass door on the oven, so I could watch them rising. Thanks again so much for your advice.  thumbsup

Likes (3)

#1287 Sat 26 Apr 14 1:53pm

Maree

Forum super champ

You're very welcome! Glad you conquered them big_smile  thumbsup   clap  clap  clap

Likes (0)

#1288 Tue 29 Apr 14 9:34am

tibzi

Member since Tue 29 Apr 14

Hi Jamie. Just wanna say that I think your sooo coool. Now also with gluten free recipee. Tibina. Denmark

Likes (0)

#1289 Wed 30 Apr 14 10:34pm

luqman_

Occupation A student
From Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
Member since Wed 30 Apr 14

Hi Jamie,can you open one of your restaurant at Malaysia because i want to taste your delicious food

Likes (0)

#1290 Mon 05 May 14 7:32pm

Dellwood

Member since Mon 05 May 14

Hi. Quite a while ago I saw Jamie using what I think he referred to as a "herbal shaker". It is approximately the size of a tennis ball and oval in shape. The shaker is branded with his name. Inside the shaker is a ball used to grind herbs/spices.

Can anyone tell me what the item is really called and where I can get hold of one?

Thanks!

Likes (0)