Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#441 Mon 29 Oct 12 3:05pm

JANEYWOOS

Member since Mon 29 Oct 12

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Dear Jamiei  like your way of cooking and your recipes,  and I have all of your cookery books, but.....when I am searching for a recipe in the index, why do you have to name them  "awesome spinach and riccota cannelloni" or "the best......"  or, a winner "Andy the Gasman's stew..." It makes searching a bit difficult. I think my favourite is "scrumptious Spanish chickpea and chorizo soup" Like wow man!!! Come on, name them properly!! wink

Likes (0)

#442 Mon 29 Oct 12 6:15pm

richybens

Hi,
    Im looking for a complete career change from being a barber for the last 10 years! I really want to learn about pastry. I enjoy cooking and making my own bread. I intend to register with Westminster College next September to start a course. In the mean time I would like some experience of working in a kitchen. Im 31 years old but very determined and a hard worker. I dont mind starting at the bottom and working my way up. I just love learning new things. Will someone out there offer me a job please?!

Regards

Rich

Likes (0)

#443 Mon 29 Oct 12 7:08pm

Roubi

Hello Jamie!

I'm a fourteen-year-old girl and i am from Greece! I saw your banoffee pie recipe and i want to do it but i don't remember if i must put it into the oven. I am not sure about the recipe and i would appreciate it if you could send me a video to watch again the ''Jamie's 30 min meals'' ( session 1 , episode 22 )

Thank you in advance! I 'm looking forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience. help  big_smile <3

Likes (0)

#444 Tue 30 Oct 12 9:33pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Roubi wrote:

Hello Jamie!

I'm a fourteen-year-old girl and i am from Greece! I saw your banoffee pie recipe and i want to do it but i don't remember if i must put it into the oven. I am not sure about the recipe and i would appreciate it if you could send me a video to watch again the ''Jamie's 30 min meals'' ( session 1 , episode 22 )

Thank you in advance! I 'm looking forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience. help  big_smile <3

welcome to the forum Roubi  big_smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQRdU14o24A

I have had a very quick look on the internet and I am hopig that you can acess this link , its how to assemble the banoffi pie and it is Georgie in the film who is one of Mr. Olivers food team.

Likes (0)

#445 Thu 01 Nov 12 8:39am

Cate65

Member since Thu 01 Nov 12

Hi Jamie,

I wanted to thank you for all your fabulous recipes. I'm Italian and I really appreciate the fact that you are promoting the Italian cooking and love for food.
I leave in Amsterdam right know and I wanted to know if you are planning to come here and do some workshop. I also want to try your restaurant!!!

You should come here and teach how to cook especially in the school where the kids eat junk food everyday....

I hope to see you at your restaurant here in Amsterdam, my daughter is also a big fun of you!!!!

Ciao!!!

Caterina

Likes (0)

#446 Thu 01 Nov 12 9:59am

jacko100

Member since Thu 01 Nov 12

Hello Jamie, I love your shows, your recipes and the way you cook.  I have a fresh Ostrich egg what can I cook with a fresh Ostrich egg? Can you help with a recipe or suggestions on what to do with an egg equal to about 24 normal chook eggs?

Regards

Maree

Last edited by jacko100 (Thu 01 Nov 12 10:03am)

Likes (0)

#447 Thu 01 Nov 12 12:03pm

robynlyndon1

Member since Sun 24 Jun 12

Hi Jamie or who is answering the emails

I have learnt so much off Jamie - I am half Italian but I live in Queensland Australia and I have so many recipes books of jamies and have been very lucky to have gone to jamies' restaurant when I was in London - I have always loved cooking but you have inspired me heaps more I learnt so much from you cooking on TV - I love the way you try to get healthy food out to the world it is so important - but I now make my own spaghetti, pizzas, ciabatta bread and so many more of your recipes - You are the best and i appreciate how much you are helping so many people to eat better int he world - you need be awarded something special for trying to help the whole world to eat better.
I can not make mayonnaise - I have no idea what I am doing wrong but it always taste too oily for me and I wonder if it is because I am adding the oil to quickly but I need to perfect it and I am looking for a modern potato salad for my daughters 40th birthday which is held in our hot summer so something that looks cool so I am asking about mayonnaise and potato salad - saw your fennel salad tonight on your 15minute recipes with celery and mint and a full lemon put through the food processor - would this be the nicest fennel salad I can use for the same day - I am doing a nice green asian salad with carrot strips and capsicum strips and mint and coriander with sesame seeds cooked on the top this is one salad I am doing on the day another is an Italian with tomatoes and boccini cheese with balsamic vinegar, next salad I was hoping for a recipe from you for a potato salad, plus what other salad would you put with this meal - we will be having a good Aussie barbecue with grill prawns, steak and sausages as will be very hot here at the end of November.

I am trying to work out which salads go together>

Thanks again for all your help - I really do appreciate the help that is given.
Cheers
Robyn big_smile  clap  help  big_smile

Likes (0)

#448 Thu 01 Nov 12 2:10pm

robynlyndon1

Member since Sun 24 Jun 12

Hi Jamie!!!

Love all your hard work promoting people to eat healthy food!!!  You are one in a million!!!  I missed you coming to Queensland not sure how long I will have to wait again but I was not well when you were here but hope you are coming back.

I have a magi mix food processor - can I make a mayonnaise in this as making it by hand is too hard for me.

The easiest way to make a good mayonnaise - I whipped it up in a bowl and my arm ached so much as i am older and it got nice and thick after adding the oil but it still tasted to oily maybe I am adding the oil too quickly?

I love all your TV shows you are so down to earth that is what is so nice about you - no fuss - another thing that is great - I am 63 years old and I keep learning off you everytime I watch you - but I am also passionate about cooking!!!  But I am only a home cook!!! big_smile  big_smile
Cheers
Robyn

Likes (0)

#449 Fri 02 Nov 12 2:13am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Hi Robyn. Obviously I'm not Jamie. I make mayo in my Magimix. Using a whisk is too much like hard work tongue. Just make sure you add the oil drop by drop initially through the feed tube with the motor running and you should be fine.

Good luck crossed

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#450 Fri 02 Nov 12 11:31am

jamie

Chef
From Fifteen Restaurant, London
Member since Wed 24 Mar 04

orlaithmaleady wrote:

hiii, im making dinner for the family and really want to do a breadcrumbed chicken dish...any suggestions xo smile

hello, hello

Here is a recipe for you, let us know how you get on.

Nice one

Jamie

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chic … ic-chicken

Likes (0)