Subscribe to forums RSS

#881 Mon 18 Feb 13 1:45pm

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Thistledo wrote:

Scuse me for putting my 2-penneth in but finely chopped spinach or watercress would be nice mixed in with the Ricotta for your raviolis.

I always grate nutmeg over my spinach. Love it!

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#882 Mon 18 Feb 13 2:16pm

Thistledo

Occupation Retired something or other
From English immigrant in S. Wales
Member since Fri 07 Dec 12

Maree.  Yes, I use just a little grated nutmeg with any cabbage/greens, especially if I'm boiling them, plus a very small knob of butter to give them a sheen.  These tips picked up from my cheffy friend.

Likes (0)

#883 Mon 18 Feb 13 4:22pm

sheila.dickson.33

Member since Fri 15 Feb 13

Was going to add some spinach to the pasta itself.  Anyone ever added some finely chopped nuts to filling to give it a little 'bite'?

Likes (0)

#884 Mon 18 Feb 13 9:02pm

kathrine pelosi

Occupation student
From Edinburgh
Member since Wed 30 Jan 13

thank you to all that have got back to me, i am thinking about having a frame you can fold away and store in your bag and once in the store you can then pop the frame out while you are shopping. It will have to have very sturdy wheels because the pavements in Edinburgh are awful. I am going to make them as tredy as possible but also look nothing like personal shopping bags.

Likes (0)

#885 Mon 18 Feb 13 9:05pm

kathrine pelosi

Occupation student
From Edinburgh
Member since Wed 30 Jan 13

Oh no problem, sorry, just thought it would be interesting to ask people on this thread questions because everyone has to go shopping to purchase the ingredient for all the lovely recipes.

Really Sorry

Wont post on this thread  smile

Likes (0)

#886 Mon 18 Feb 13 9:10pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

your best nt adding the nuts to the inside of the ravioli but whst you could do is toast the nuts and scatter them as a little extra dresing for the ravioli /

Likes (0)

#887 Mon 18 Feb 13 11:37pm

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

You'll find things very easy if you can tolerate ricotta Sheila.  crossed

Likes (0)

#888 Tue 19 Feb 13 8:43pm

Rizo_35

Member since Fri 15 Feb 13

Hi Jamie
My name is Andrew and I have a few questions for you. I really enjoy cooking and I want to make a career out of it but I don't know where to start. Iv been watching all the videos on your food tube channel, also iv been following the recipes from your website. I'm only 16 but I want to get that "hands on" cooking experience. Following recipes in fun and all but I want to learn how to make my own recipes and lean how to pair flavors. There is only so much I can learn form recipes and videos, what are the next steps for me in my journey to becoming a real chef and restaurant owner? How did you get your start?
Thank you for your time
-Andrew

Likes (0)

#889 Wed 20 Feb 13 12:23pm

annie.gray.526

Member since Tue 19 Feb 13

Australian Crunch- yes the 1970/80's school dinner favourite ( cornflakes,coconut,coco,marg flour sugar) lots of mentions about it on the 'net, but my aunt in Australia asked me Why it's called Australian crunch ?  and I can't find out. Can you ? help

Likes (0)

#890 Wed 20 Feb 13 1:15pm

ciggieo

Member since Mon 11 Feb 13

Hi Jamie - easy tasty recipe for leftover roasted lag lamb please.  Many thanks in anticipation of yet another delicious meal courtesy of your good self   help  crossed

Lynda
xx

Likes (0)