Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 03 Aug 12 6:18pm

Danny

Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Simply Italian

Hi everyone,

Please meet and welcome a very special person who is kindly going to be chatting to us all about a new series that she is in on Channel 4 called Simply Italian - her name is Michela and her first blog is here:

http://www.jamieoliver.com/bloggers/vie … p?id=78111

I know we have some lovely people here on the site from Italy and people from all over the world who love Italian food and culture. Simply Italian is showing on Channel 4 at 8.30pm. Here is some more info on the show:

In this new food series, Michela Chiappa takes the viewer through a complete, crash pasta course from the very simplest fresh pasta and sugo recipes in episode 1 through to the extrordinary and complex filled pasta of the Emilia Romagna region in episode 4. The aim is to celebrate the brilliance and versatility of fresh pasta and to encourage the viewer to dust down their old pasta rolling machine and to get creative. Michela, her sisters and her extended family are extremely
proud of their ‘Italian/Welsh’ roots amd in this series they will also visit the family's hometown of Bardi in Northern Italy to meet pasta experts and introduce the viewer to all sorts of different pastas, processes and ingredients whilst also unpacking some of the history of pasta. Through the eyes of Michela and her family, the audience will discover all there is to know about pasta cookery from simple recipes to the more complex including the various forms of stuffed pasta and
the many sauces that go with the Italian staple. The journey will take them to the Emilia Romagna in Northern Italy, where the family are originally from, and the surrounds of their
hometown in Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales.

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 03 Aug 12 6:44pm

TheChiappas

Occupation Marketing, Nanny, and Reward Analyst
From Wales, Philadelphia, London
Member since Thu 02 Aug 12

Re: Simply Italian

Hi all!

I look forward to getting involved with the forum

Saluti dal Galles!

Michela

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 03 Aug 12 9:11pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Welcome to the forum all 3 Chiappas  clap

Now that's a definite bargain .. Get 1 .. Get 2 free  lol

Well I live in Wales , we are friends of a great family that live in Philadelphia ,( the father of the family being Italian/Irish ) and I also have 3 girls , plus a son who all work in London !

I am sorry I did not realise that the show was on the telly , but will try to watch it next week .

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 03 Aug 12 11:24pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

ciao from Italy Michela and  crossed  thumbsup with your show big_smile

Likes (0)

#5 Sat 04 Aug 12 10:12am

Danny

From Jamie's Office

Hi Michela

Was wondering - if you were stuck on a dessert island and could only eat three things - what would they be?

For everyone in the UK - you can catch up on the show here:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/simply-italian/4od

Cheers

Danny

Likes (0)

#6 Sun 05 Aug 12 10:06pm

TheChiappas

My three dessert island takes would definitely be :

1. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2. Balsamic Vinegar
3. Parmiggiano Reggiano (Parmesan Cheese)

With these 3 ingredients you are sorted - catch some fish, steam it and drizzle some olive oil.  Done.  Grab some leaves and toss some olive oil and balsamic or parmesan.  Seriously any food tastes good with these three must haves  clap

Although, I do love eggs....random but I like to eat an egg most mornings so I would miss these....but maybe I could find a chicken in one of the desert island forests  whistle

Baci Michela

Romina/Emi.....what would your 3 desert island foods be?!

Likes (0)

#7 Mon 06 Aug 12 7:47am

TheChiappas

Well, thank you Miki, you've definitely stolen my three items I would take too, as you know very well that's what none of us can live without.

If I had to add to that list then I suppose I would say:

1. Fresh juicy tomatoes (the ones we have from Italy)

They just taste so delicious and my fridge is never stocked with out then. Quickly heat with a drizzle of olive oil amd you've got yourself a delicious pasta sauce, and let's be honest they can even make a meal on their own!

2. A chicken

Don't judge..but who wouldn't. Nothing beats a fresh egg. Mum and dad have chickens at home and when I go home, I try to stock up... I'm often seen battling the tube in London with my fresh dozen. Eggs are so versatile and can give you so many different meal options for your desert island survival!

3. Fresh coffee

Just because the smell of a fresh coffee pot brewing reminds me so much of home.

I suppose The Chiappas have cheated here as between the three of us, we get to take 9 items.

Baci, Romina x

Likes (0)

#8 Mon 06 Aug 12 9:01am

Danny

From Jamie's Office

All great suggestions - you could even make stock out of the chicken as well for soup.

Forum members - what are your 3 ingredients?

Danny

Likes (0)

#9 Mon 06 Aug 12 11:28am

mummza

Forum super champ
From The land of song.

Practical Suggestions....
*Fresh tomatoes .. Eat some .. Grow some of the seeds
*Jerusalem artichoke ... These will grow like weeds and so I am being practical here  , so again eat a few plant a few !( or potato for the same reason !)
*Butternut squash or other pumpkin .. As the seeds can be planted  and the pumpkin eaten .

( Although I'd have to sneak a bit of olive oil as well and maybe a couple of chickens to privide eggs )

Likes (0)

#10 Mon 06 Aug 12 2:29pm

mummza

Forum super champ
From The land of song.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/simp … od#3391456

I could not get Danny's link to work , but hopefully this one will work if you are in the UK .

Likes (0)