Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 16 Nov 12 6:42am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

I wish to register a complaint...

about 15 minute meals.

There needs to be a warning in the front. Something like: "If you are making other food for your toddler start that first because these recipes are alarmingly quick".

That is all.

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 16 Nov 12 1:07pm

koukouvagia

Forum champ
From New York
Member since Fri 12 Dec 08

Re: I wish to register a complaint...

Why are you making other food for your toddler?  Mine eats everything we eat  cool

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 16 Nov 12 5:48pm

Gravy Queen

Occupation Being Fabulous
From Liverpool
Member since Sun 10 Oct 04

Not everything is really suitable for toddlers though is it, plus they go through phases of not wanting to eat what you want them to eat !  smile

Good to hear 15 minute meals are doing the trick TWR ! Congrats on the new baby too. I am the proud Grandmother of a 10 week old Granddaughter   big_smile

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 16 Nov 12 11:25pm

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia

It's normal for toddlers to be fussy, in fact being fussy about food is what used to stop them eating stuff they shouldn't when we were all getting about in nature more. She still gets the option of what we have, in fact that's often how she's started eating some things. I think it's often 10 experiences with food before they'll eat it (and that's only if they like it).

15 minute meals are perfect for us right now when you never know how an evening will go but at least you know you'll be eating.

Likes (0)

#5 Fri 16 Nov 12 11:36pm

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia

As an aside, here is a good link for all things food and toddlers http://www.cyh.com/HealthTopics/HealthT … &p=302

Likes (0)

#6 Fri 16 Nov 12 11:57pm

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

I laughed at your joke WR!
(Australian sense of humour?)

Likes (0)

#7 Sat 17 Nov 12 12:13am

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

The White Rabbit wrote:

It's normal for toddlers to be fussy, in fact being fussy about food is what used to stop them eating stuff they shouldn't when we were all getting about in nature more. She still gets the option of what we have, in fact that's often how she's started eating some things. I think it's often 10 experiences with food before they'll eat it (and that's only if they like it).

15 minute meals are perfect for us right now when you never know how an evening will go but at least you know you'll be eating.

thumbsup

Likes (0)

#8 Sat 17 Nov 12 1:20am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia

JoyYamDaisy wrote:

I laughed at your joke WR!
(Australian sense of humour?)

well, a little nod to monty python

Likes (0)

#9 Sat 17 Nov 12 1:20pm

koukouvagia

Forum champ
From New York
Member since Fri 12 Dec 08

The White Rabbit wrote:

As an aside, here is a good link for all things food and toddlers http://www.cyh.com/HealthTopics/HealthT … &p=302

Oh boy, this says not to give my toddler hard fruits like apple until he's 4!  I've been giving him thin slices of apple since he was 9 months!!

Likes (0)

#10 Sat 17 Nov 12 10:50pm

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia

I do thin slices of apple and carrot. They are a choke hazard as are pieces of carrot and small nuts. I supervise these times more closely.

Likes (0)