#21 Tue 20 Nov 12 10:10am

dukegus

Forum champ
Occupation Unemployed,
From Greece
Member since Fri 21 Mar 08

Re: I wish to register a complaint...

The White Rabbit wrote:

Thus I think it's the least brand placement I've seen in similar kinds of books.

Indeed that is true, but it's the first time seeing Jamie doing it so...you know, in your face and the brand is an awful one.

Likes (0)

#22 Tue 20 Nov 12 12:09pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

Likes (0)

#23 Tue 20 Nov 12 1:00pm

SherylS

Occupation Totally food obsessed bookkeeper
From Melbourne, Australia
Member since Wed 13 Aug 08

dukegus wrote:

The White Rabbit wrote:

Thus I think it's the least brand placement I've seen in similar kinds of books.

Indeed that is true, but it's the first time seeing Jamie doing it so...you know, in your face and the brand is an awful one.

I agree, we've watch Jamie from the beginning and never noticed brand placement until now but I have to believe its not to do with the brand but the cooking time, 15 minute meals...... I hope this is the case!!!

Likes (0)

#24 Tue 20 Nov 12 1:55pm

koukouvagia

Forum champ
From New York
Member since Fri 12 Dec 08

The White Rabbit wrote:

about 15 minute meals.

There needs to be a warning in the front. Something like: "If you are making other food for your toddler start that first because these recipes are alarmingly quick".

That is all.

I just had a flashback to when I gave birth last year.  I took up residence on the couch where I nursed my son full-time and hubby waited on me hand and foot.  He also took up all the cooking (yikes) and did so mostly using Jamie's Food Revolution, Jamie at Home, and Cook with Jamie.  It was Jamie everynight for months lol.

Likes (0)

#25 Tue 20 Nov 12 4:18pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

oliviascotland wrote:

I find it especially disturbing given recent reports about high levels of arsenic in rice:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/maga … /index.htm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19663082

http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodSafety/Food … 319924.htm

Thanks for pointing this out.  That's awful!  My brand of Jasmine rice has pretty high levels  I will definitely limit the amount I use.  It's too bad that even the organic brands are high.

Likes (0)

#26 Wed 21 Nov 12 9:54am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

SherylS wrote:

dukegus wrote:

The White Rabbit wrote:

I agree, we've watch Jamie from the beginning and never noticed brand placement until now but I have to believe its not to do with the brand but the cooking time, 15 minute meals...... I hope this is the case!!!

Ministry of food had it with the patak's curry pastes.

Likes (0)

#27 Thu 29 Nov 12 1:06am

Cindy

Forum champ
Occupation Registered Nurse
From Adelaide, OZ
Member since Tue 03 Aug 04

The White Rabbit wrote:

Ministry of food had it with the patak's curry pastes.

Yes it did, but Pataks are actually a pretty decent brand. I occasionally buy other brand pastes but always end up going back to them.

The rice Jaime is using is pretty bloody awful and not very cheap either. My advice is to go to an asian grocer and get your rice in bulk. I use Tiger Brand http://www.tigerrice.com because it comes in big cloth bags and tastes yummy. We eat rice at least five times a week so I tend to be a bit fussy.

Likes (0)