Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Tue 25 Dec 12 9:52pm

Miss Twain

Occupation Secretary (50%)
From Montreux (VD), Switzerland
Member since Sun 06 Feb 11

Saussage rolls

Hi everybody !!!

Hope you all had a nice Christmas time with your family and friends and had great meals together.
On Christmas Eve, I prepared saussage rolls as apetizers for my family. But I hadn't any fennel seeds, so I just put some more sesam seeds instead. Everybody was very surprised and loved the rolls yummy (despite the look was not as perfect as made by Jamie...  )tongue
I was very happy and proud, because it was only the second time I tried that receipe and I was a bit anxious about the result. roll The only difficulty was to cut perfectly the saussages and give a perfect form to the pastry.
Anyway, thanks very much, Jamie, we all enjoyed them !!! thumbsup

Last edited by Miss Twain (Tue 25 Dec 12 9:54pm)

Likes (0)

#2 Mon 04 Feb 13 5:44am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Saussage rolls

Welcome to the forum Miss Twain  smile

You are good , the sausage rolls that I make often all look a bit different to each other , I'm not great at making them look the same !

I usually make sausage rolls using sausage meat that I have added things like fine chopped caramelised onion ,apple or a few herbs etc to .
I use puff pastry .

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 04 Feb 13 7:53am

Miss Twain

Occupation Secretary (50%)
From Montreux (VD), Switzerland
Member since Sun 06 Feb 11

Thank you, mummza. The problem was that I had too much pastrie, that's why some of the rolls were too big or too long. Anyway, my goddaughter loved them, specially the saussages !!! wink

Likes (0)

#4 Mon 04 Feb 13 9:07am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Miss Twain wrote:

Thank you, mummza. The problem was that I had too much pastrie, that's why some of the rolls were too big or too long. Anyway, my goddaughter loved them, specially the saussages !!! wink

that sounds a bit like the sausage rolls that I make, all shapes and sizes  lol  lol
it they are too long then I just cut them into two , but they usually suit all appertites.
I am not too fussy about the size of sausage rolls as I am often in a hurry when I make them so I figure that as long as they are sort of similar then its OK , but the most important thing is the taste , as long as they taste good then that is what I am wanting to acheive. big_smile

Likes (0)