forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 10 Jan 13 4:03pm

LisaLove2Cook

Member since Thu 10 Jan 13

Hi everyone

Hi all, i'm new and just thought I would say hi and how happy i'm feeling to be part of this forum. I think Jamie Oliver is the best person to get into our minds when it comes to cookin and knowing what us people want to eat and actually get us cooking the meal ideas. He makes it fun and gives us that hunger to not only want to eat his delish food but actually make a difference to how we all feel knowing it is even healthier for us too. Look forward to chatting to you all and swapping meal ideas... I've recently started a healthier way of life (hate the word diet) and would love some meal ideas and am happy to share some of mine too :-)

Likes (0)

#2 Thu 10 Jan 13 4:56pm

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

Re: Hi everyone

Welcome Lisa! It's always a pleasure to hear from 'hungry' people, and have them join the forums big_smile Everyone will introduce themselves shortly, I'm sure - in the meantime, why not share one or two of your favourite recipes?

Thanks, looking forward to hearing more from you!
Merlin

Likes (0)

#3 Thu 10 Jan 13 5:41pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Hello Lisa...Welcome...

Right, I'm off to look for the "Welcome to the forum" smillie.... whistle

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 10 Jan 13 7:50pm

sergio1972

Forum champ
Occupation NLP Trainer and Coach
From Portugal
Member since Tue 09 Dec 08

Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum!

Likes (0)

#5 Fri 11 Jan 13 8:45am

Sandy

Forum champ
From Durban South Africa
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

Hi Lisa and welcome.

Likes (0)

#6 Fri 11 Jan 13 3:46pm

LisaLove2Cook

Hi all, Thanks for your welcomes  thumbsup 
Anyone got any healthy meal ideas?
I've been making soups (a quick way to get yah veggies down) here is my fave soup @ the mo... Right here is what you need to make the soup along with 10 mins to prep it and 20 mins cooking time  smile
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion
2 carrots
2 sticks of cellery
1 small chilli (optional)
1 large pepper
1 medium sweet potato
1 vegetable stock cube
Here is how...add olive oil to sauce pan,  peel and dice onion and add it to olive oil. Then add a sliced and diced pepper, sliced cellery and small chilli (optional) cook on a lowto medium heat for a few mins. Then peel and chop carrots and sweet potato into cubes and add to pot. Then I mix stock cube with boiled water in a mug and add to the sauce pan, with the rest of the water in kettle I fill the pan until I cover the vegetables and leave to cook on medium heat for 15-20 mins and there you have it a lovely winter warmer.. If im lookin for something to fill me for a little longer I add lentils ( same cooking time applies) try it and let me know what you think x
P.s if any one likes pastizzi ( a maltese pastry) I can help with a alternative recipe. I know that nothing comes close if you have eaten them but being half maltese I have to try haha

Likes (0)

#7 Fri 11 Jan 13 3:49pm

LisaLove2Cook

Low to medium heat that should of said.. Not lowto ;0
I type quicker than I think so apologies now for any future typos x

Likes (0)

#8 Fri 11 Jan 13 7:56pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

reported. No not you Lisa the spam post that was here..for some reason spammers are all over the site today...

Last edited by wine~o (Fri 11 Jan 13 8:31pm)

Likes (0)

#9 Fri 11 Jan 13 10:46pm

LisaLove2Cook

Hi Wine~O,
Oh right ok.. Is that why I aint been able to load some pages on here today?

Likes (0)