forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Thu 07 Feb 13 11:28pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Re: Horsemeat in Irish burgers

That's how I feel about it.  I'm just waiting to hear what health issues there will be connected with all the illicit meat products.  Also, is it not more costly to grow horse for food  . . . which is partly why it was not really consumed much by Indian tribes unless other foods were scarce?  There must be some 'cheap' aspect to this horse meat that makes it more profitable or else why would they risk breaking the law?

People are really missing the point when they talk about how horse is eaten by some and it's healthy.  To not respect a food taboo and to add food substances without proper labeling is downright mean-sprited, criminal and immoral.  It is hostile toward customers.  It shows a total disregard for people's welfare and a lack of respect for your fellow man.

These are not the people I want producing my food.

Last edited by MsPablo (Thu 07 Feb 13 11:37pm)

Likes (0)

#22 Thu 07 Feb 13 11:30pm

abdullahcohn

Forum champ
Occupation Occupied
From My House
Member since Fri 11 Nov 05

I am going to buy HMC from now on, because they monitor ever stage of production.
Something tells me the Halal range you find in many British supermarkets these days may turn out to be 100% pork. Well it could be worse, it could be worse my brothers cat might escape and I might find her coler in a beef burger that I am eating. Or I might find a long lost friend in there.
Imagine that, eating a burger. And all of a sudden,
I realise it was that smelly child in the back of the class that we all used to beat up when we were at school.
I'd be like.
Hay,, Its you!
Is it really you!!!
I'm sorry!!!!
I'm So sorry!
speak to me!
Speak to me!!!!!
Come on hang in there. modern medicine can do wonders these days.
Just try to keep breathing  until the ambulance arrives, wait, I'm phoning 999.
I knew you wouldn't end up to much, but we all thought you'd be in prison. not in a tesco value burger. Maybe their extra special range, but not a value burger!
Speak to me!
Then I'll call my wife and say your a doctor help my friend! and she would be like, I can't he is a burger, cooked and half eaten, by you. in my expert opinion there is nothing I or the British NHS can do for him.
You know, I blame the the Con/Lab coalition.

you know I'll still ask the ambulance to take us to hospital though. you know there are real doctors there, not just female ones. One of them might be able to do something. And by the time the waiting time is over, the half of the burger I had eaten would have made its way out.

Likes (0)

#23 Thu 07 Feb 13 11:41pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me

After the various problems in the food chain that have been deadly or made people permanently or seriously sick, you would think people would be more cautious, more quick to react, more indignant and upset about this issue.

eta:  One thing is certain, people selling us food should be getting the message by now that it doesn't go over well with customers to deceive them.  Businesses will fail if they keep up this type of nonsense, I hope.

Last edited by MsPablo (Thu 07 Feb 13 11:43pm)

Likes (0)

#24 Thu 07 Feb 13 11:53pm

abdullahcohn

Forum champ
Occupation Occupied
From My House

I kind of get the feeling they will just wait for the fuss to die down and then start it all again. There is too much money to be made.
This has been going on for a long time, and I think deep down we all knew it was happening but we just didn't want to think about it.
I don't think it is just about the value range. Why wont they do it to expensive food too, if there is money to be made?

I didn't know about horse. But I did know waste meat was being added to meals. Prok and beef added to lamb and chicken.
Not just mince.
They liquidise the pork and beef and then put fillets and stakes in to it so they absorb the liquid and increase weight and value.
It is a old trick that has been used for years.

Last edited by abdullahcohn (Thu 07 Feb 13 11:54pm)

Likes (0)

#25 Fri 08 Feb 13 8:11am

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Findus Lasagne any-one ??? shocked

up to 100% Horse...including traces of drugs which are banned for human consumption...

Likes (0)

#26 Fri 08 Feb 13 12:42pm

abdullahcohn

Forum champ
Occupation Occupied
From My House

Wow, no one found post #22 funny?

Likes (0)

#27 Fri 08 Feb 13 12:59pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

abdullahcohn wrote:

Wow, no one found post #22 funny?

I found it so funny I nearly choked on my Findus Lasagne................ help

Likes (0)

#28 Fri 08 Feb 13 1:38pm

abdullahcohn

Forum champ
Occupation Occupied
From My House

Horse in your throat?

Likes (0)

#29 Fri 08 Feb 13 1:41pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me

Yes, it was funny.  I was trying to be all serious and everything . . . no luck with that. lol

Likes (0)

#30 Fri 08 Feb 13 2:53pm

abdullahcohn

Forum champ
Occupation Occupied
From My House

I thought it might have been a case of horses for courses.

Likes (0)