Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Tue 29 Jan 13 2:21pm

Danny

Jamie's Better Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Update from Danny - Jamie's Better Food Foundation

Hello everyone,

Well, it's my third week into the job and I am happy to report that I am loving every minute of it! It's my tenth year this year working for Jamie and I really do believe that I am where I should be and that is working for the Better Food Foundation (formerly the Jamie Oliver Foundation).

I know, I know - working part time is a treat as well but I can assure you that I am not far away on my day's off and I am as busy as ever as I am also focussing on the work that I do with San Patrignano.

Last week I had the privilege of visiting the Ministry of Food Centre in Leeds to check out the "Train the trainer" session that was being run. This was a chance for the trainers to connect with each other and share their stories and also to learn new cooking classes to be taught within the centre.

I loved being reminded of the great work that the Ministry of Food centres do to keep cooking skills alive. Each month I will be travelling to each centre to help them all with their social media engagement and content as well for Jamie's website.

Aside from this I am hugely honoured to be asked to be a "Super Ambassador"! We have a staff ambassador programme where various staff members volunteer to help the Foundation - in my new role I will be working hard to ensure that the ambassadors are getting as much out of volunteering as they do from what they give....

I miss chatting to you all - I'm not that far away and I am here every now and then! Although I have been here for 10 years I am still settling into the role but hey - the one constant in life is change! I

Watch out for more pics and updates from me and the Foundation in the future....

Hope everyone is well

Cheers from Danny

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 29 Jan 13 4:39pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Re: Update from Danny - Jamie's Better Food Foundation

Danny who ???

Ah, how quickly we forget...Hope all is going well thumbsup

Likes (0)

#3 Tue 29 Jan 13 5:40pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

ciaooo Danny we know you are doing meraviglie !!!!!  thumbsup  thumbsup  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#4 Tue 29 Jan 13 5:52pm

ANN

Forum champ
From North Carolina
Member since Thu 15 Jul 04

Danny,  I am so glad you are loving your new postition in life.  smile

Likes (0)

#5 Wed 30 Jan 13 12:55am

@nGoose1

Forum champ
Occupation Shop worker/KP/ Commis chef
From UK/Germany
Member since Wed 28 Oct 09

Good luck in Leeds, great pubs and curry houses, if I remember correctly. It was 20 years ago.
Great to hear from you and all is well.

Likes (0)

#6 Wed 30 Jan 13 8:33am

Kiwi Kris

Forum champ
Occupation Farmer
From New Zealand
Member since Sun 09 Jan 05

Hi Danny! It's great to hear from you & thanks for letting us all know how you are! Congrats on being appointed as a; Super Ambassador, of the Foundation!  cool
Take care! smile

Last edited by Kiwi Kris (Wed 30 Jan 13 8:34am)

Likes (0)

#7 Wed 30 Jan 13 1:24pm

Sandy

Forum champ
From Durban South Africa
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

Great to hear from your Danny and so glad you are enjoying your new venture. Congrats of the appointment as Super Ambassador  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#8 Wed 30 Jan 13 3:37pm

bentpenny

From CANADA
Member since Wed 09 May 07

Sounds like you are having a good time.  Best of luck to you. big_smile  big_smile

Likes (0)