forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Sat 09 Mar 13 11:08pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Re: "I don't care what it tastes like as long as it is good for me "

They sell cod liver oil pills.  You could take those for the benefits minus the taste.

Frankly, I believe there are foods that really do help us to feel better or get the most our of our conditions/genetics, etc., but that can include a host of things, not just wheat grass or one substance that is unpalatable.  For instance, I read that the main reason for wheat grass juice is to 'cleanse' the bowels.  Coffee works great in the morning folks and it is also good for the memory!

Likes (0)

#22 Sat 09 Mar 13 11:22pm

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

hopefully you drink it and not take it the way that florida couple enjoy their coffee  ..  shocked  shocked  whistle  big_smile

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#23 Sat 09 Mar 13 11:25pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Uh, yah, drinking a cuppa in the morning!  I think all the 'cleasning' and tonics are a total load of crap, but if you go that way and it works for you, great.  A lot of people find it hard to stick to a basic, healthful, normal calorie diet unless told by someone else what to consume or do, not me.

Likes (0)

#24 Sun 10 Mar 13 12:11am

Miss GlutenFree

Occupation Admin Officer & Mum
From Queensland, Australia
Member since Sun 14 Mar 10

I can definitely vouch for the "eat what you can" moto and not necessarily by the exact rules that someone set out years ago (or yesterday if it be the new fad diet you wish to follow).

I'm gluten intolerant so I eat gluten free stuff. Simple right? A lot of ppl think that because its gluten free, it tastes like cardboard - well some of the original pies etc did. They were plain old N.A.S.T.Y. Total insult to your tastebuds. Anyone with half a brain knows that seasoning improves anything. Learn to adapt and overcome.

Coffee - all the way. Every morning (except when you have the flu lol).

I think it comes down to personal choice. If you wish to look like a praying mantis with googly eyes because some health pro told you that a sugar free, gluten free, dairy free, nut free, meat free, soy free lifestyle is like "so the best thing ever man" then go for it. Me, I will still be kicking back eating spag bol with all the toppings and garlic bread plus a glass (or 3) or red on Monday night.  wink  wink

Likes (0)

#25 Mon 11 Mar 13 11:32pm

RedfoxEstonia

Forum champ
Occupation museum guide in Tallinn Seaplane Hangars
From Tallinn, Estonia
Member since Tue 16 Mar 10

ugh donĀ“t get me started. ever since my mom went to work in an eco-bio-whatever shop, she wont shut up about stuff that I just find yucky repeating how it is SOOOO good for me. some people might like those things but I have tasted all sorts of versions and it is just... the thing itself, not the way it is cooked, ruins it.  but she goes on and on and secretly plants things in my bag and I take them back. she still wont understand I dont want them

seriously.

I do eat things that are good for me but that I also like. I have lived long enough to have some preferences.

also, there are some folks that try to persuade others to give up certain thigns cause they are NOT good for you. well, I have had no problems because of them, so why would I? especially people from hare krishna movement or whatever. they have some irrational tabus.

Likes (0)