Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 17 May 13 9:48am

useimagination

Occupation Archivist/Museum assistant
From Namibia,Africa
Member since Tue 12 Feb 13

Food revolution day

Happy Food Revolution everyone!

I am super excited,one of my best friends even said that she has never seen anyone so excited about food...hehehehe...smile

Food Revolution prep is in full swing here and I just brought breakfast (self-made rolls) to my colleagues and biscuits. My niece and I had fun making the rolls and biscuits. Now waiting for tonight to celebrate with friends and by the look of things my friends are getting in the spirit of things. smile

I hope all have an awesome day! smile

thumbsup

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 17 May 13 10:04am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Food revolution day

Please take lots of pictures so that we can see what has been cooked . I'm excited too as I am going to the street party by the Fifteen restaurant  clap I am lucky as my family live in London and so it's easy for me to go .

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 17 May 13 10:31am

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

You beat me to it - Happy Food Revolution Day guys!

Let me know what you're up to, I can't wait to hear all about it. Preparations in and around Jamie HQ are enormous so lots going on here.

Have a great day all!

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 17 May 13 11:11am

useimagination

From Namibia,Africa

Ok,the breakfast rolls were an absolute succeess,and everyone loved the biscuits. I will update as day progresses....
I promise to take loads of pics mummza! Just have to figure out how to post them...
Sorry I beat you to it Merlin, am just to excited and hyper.....hahahahaha

p.s seems am the only one in namibia that has planned something.... I think next year will try to include a lot more....smile

Last edited by useimagination (Fri 17 May 13 11:14am)

Likes (0)

#5 Sun 19 May 13 5:16pm

useimagination

From Namibia,Africa

I hope that you all had a fantastic food revolution day. We here in Namibia def had an awesome time! big_smile The Food revolution party was a major success and I had so much fun planning it. As decoration for the table we had cranberry scented tea lights and homemade biscuits wrapped up,so as a treat everyone got to take some home! We were 22 in total. Each one brought something and wow lets just say homemade food beats everything! wink There was a range from healthy 'junk food' to lovely gluten free pies. We tried to cater for every need! We had two recipes ala Jamie Oliver. wink Including the pancake cake that turns out to be our fav dessert. For its not to sweet and so simple to make. Everyone loved the night and we all decided that next year we will do it all over again!

Also my friends own a cafe and we want to def do something special for pancake day and Food revolution day next year! We already full of ideas,should better write them down before I forget them!So we started small this year,but next year we going bigger and better! big_smile

Hope to get the pictures from my best friend soon! Then will see how to post them.
big_smile

thumbsup

Likes (0)

#6 Sun 19 May 13 5:57pm

cannyfradock

Occupation Builder (bricklayer/ stonemason)
From S.Wales.
Member since Sat 10 Oct 09

useimagination

It sounds like you had a great Food Revolution Day. I would also like to see some pics of your event. The way I upload an image link to this forum is to......choose the pic you want show, then right click on it. Choose the "copy image URL" option and left click on it to...."save it". ....Return to the JO forum and right click on the blinking cursor where you want the image link to appear and then left click on the "paste" option. It should appear something like this...

Code:

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/5236/a1fqekmcuaauml.jpg

...the link should be underlined. Click the "preview" button to see if it works. If it doesn't make sure the cursor is blinking directly after your image link......then press the space bar. The link then should appear as a "clickable link" like so...

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/5236 … uaauml.jpg
Terry

Likes (0)

#7 Sun 19 May 13 10:55pm

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Terry, don't think I can do that with a phone or tablet ... Can I?

Anyway, have enjoyed Mummza's photos of #FRD2013 (thank you xx).

There was nothing "formal" that I know of organised here in Newcastle (there was in Sydney) but as soon as the workday starts here today I'm going to drop the food editor of our daily newspaper an email to see if we can get something organised for next year.

Merlin, do we have a date for #FRD2014?

For my part, a neighbour had been raving about some Cajan wedges she'd eaten when she had eaten out recently (I know, I know but we have to start somewhere), so I typed up a recipe, bought some Cajan spices (apologies to Coco) and a few appropriate potatoes and gave them to her.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#8 Sun 19 May 13 11:10pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Sounds like you had a nice time useimagination , I look forward to seeing the pictures . I will post some more on the forum as I can , it just takes so long .
I have posted loads on Instagram ( user name beesalmon ) and will keep trying to sort photos out for the forum when I can . I have an exceptionaly busy week sought not get chance till next week but I will post them as soon as I can .

Likes (0)

#9 Mon 20 May 13 1:20pm

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

I see you came down to our street party Mummza! We were there all day, it was such fun.

What did everyone else get up to?

Likes (0)

#10 Mon 20 May 13 2:00pm

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Merlin, I asked on #7 post on this thread if we have a date for next year. Do we?

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)