Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sun 23 Jun 13 9:07am

ry9online

Member since Sun 23 Jun 13

How to plan the best dinner party menu?

Dinner party can be the source of fun and entertainment if selected the best theme of the party with the best menu. How to select the best menu for the dinner party? Any suggestion please

Likes (0)

#2 Sun 23 Jun 13 9:15am

Kaitlyn

Occupation Stuff and nonsense!
From California
Member since Mon 07 Sep 09

Re: How to plan the best dinner party menu?

You'd have to consider the time of year.  I would serve lighter fare at a summer party than I would at a winter party.

Likes (0)

#3 Sun 23 Jun 13 10:48am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Welcome to the forum ry9online smile

I start by considering what sort of food my guests would enjoy and if there are any likes disliked or allergies etc .

I then consider the seasonal food and what sort of weather we are having as for example you would not want to eat a rich beef casserole in the height of summer !

I then start to think what I can cook that is tasty and fairly easy to prepare so that I can spend time with my guests.

Likes (0)

#4 Sun 23 Jun 13 11:04am

ry9online

Yes it is better to consider the weather and the likes and dislikes. I think it would be  better to sort out the list of some recipes. As there are plenty of recipies of the same food item that always confuse me. How to make it easy for myself?

Likes (0)

#5 Sun 23 Jun 13 11:22am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

ry9online wrote:

I think it would be  better to sort out the list of some recipes. As there are plenty of recipies of the same food item that always confuse me. How to make it easy for myself?

Don't think we can do that for you. Best to cook something that is familiar / you've cooked before. A dinner party is not the time to experiment with new recipes if you want it to be relatively stress-free- believe me, I know this from experience. And as Mummza said, it's important to spend time with your guests.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#6 Sun 23 Jun 13 12:50pm

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

I start with allergies and intolerances then preferences. Then I look at weather and if it's a weeknight or weekend (changes how long we've got to prepare). I also consider how many guests. I tend to like having them all in the kitchen but when I can't because there are too many of them then I try to minimise the cooking time to spend time with them instead.

And always always recipes I know will work and taste great.

Last edited by The White Rabbit (Sun 23 Jun 13 12:51pm)

Likes (0)

#7 Sun 23 Jun 13 2:00pm

Jessiefood

Right now I'm trying to plan a nice July 4th party and bbq. I know that this can sometimes be stressful but I found some great recipes on this website: webflakes.com.
Hope you guys enjoy it!

Likes (0)

#8 Sun 23 Jun 13 3:51pm

mummza

Forum super champ
From The land of song.

Jessiefood , sorry to say this but your post looks like spam to me .

Likes (0)

#9 Sun 23 Jun 13 3:55pm

mummza

Forum super champ
From The land of song.

ry9online wrote:

Yes it is better to consider the weather and the likes and dislikes. I think it would be  better to sort out the list of some recipes. As there are plenty of recipies of the same food item that always confuse me. How to make it easy for myself?

You can't really sort out recipes until you've considered what your guests can eat .
Like Maree and White Rabbit say , it's good to cook things that you are familiar with as that way you will be more confidant and the party will go better.

Likes (0)

#10 Mon 24 Jun 13 8:25am

ry9online

All suggestions are really worth able. I have some time to arrange a dinner party that's why I am looking for a new dish along the familiar ones for my respectable guests. I have tried most of the time Roast Beef Tenderloin and collected a lot of appreciation. This time I really want to collect more by adding some new taste with the blend of previous one.

Likes (0)