forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#131 Sat 22 Feb 14 7:26am

lmbathome

From Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Member since Fri 21 Feb 14

Re: Introduce yourself!

Thanks Sandy and Joy yam Daisy!
I'm trying to figure out how the site works. Where to go to see any answered posts ? Any help would be appreciated-Thanks!

Likes (0)

#132 Sat 22 Feb 14 11:24am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Hi Imbathome,
I think people eventually find the way that suits them, and there are lots of different ways!
I go to 'Forums' and the 'recent posts' (and I have put that address on my computer toolbar so I can just check what the recent posts are when I have a bit of time).
Any post that has had replies will be in green, and it has 'new posts' in the line (after the name of the person who started the thread), so I click where it says 'new posts' and that takes me to the first reply since I last checked.
I hope that makes sense!
cool

Likes (0)

#133 Sat 22 Feb 14 5:11pm

Miss GlutenFree

Occupation Admin Officer & Mum
From Queensland, Australia
Member since Sun 14 Mar 10

Hello all!!!

Long time no post for me! I'm from Bundaberg in Queensland, Australia and have been a member for a few years now. Have been noticeably absent for the past twelve months due to so much going on. Just had my first child - a son - so am even more keen to keep up a healthy lifestyle. Briefly: I have Crohns Disease which has resulted in a gluten intolerance so am always having fun with recipes converting them to be "me" friendly smile

This site has provided me with many a laugh and some great insider knowledge by a truly wonderful bunch of people. Am looking forward to getting back on board and posting a bit more. Hopefully not just in the wee hours of the morning when my little one doesn't want to settle!!!

Likes (0)

#134 Sat 22 Feb 14 9:30pm

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Hello Miss GlutenFree, lovely to see you back and CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your son! I'm so impressed you have found time to come and say hello!
At least in your wee hours you'll be awake with the people on the other side of the world!
Best wishes! smile

Likes (0)

#135 Sat 22 Feb 14 9:50pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Welcome back Miss Gluten Free and congratulations! wave

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#136 Sun 23 Feb 14 6:55pm

CappyR

Occupation Boat captain
From South Louisiana
Member since Mon 27 Jan 14

I am married to a "Mrs Glutin free" She has celiac so we well know ya woes.  For us it is not a life style choice, its a requirement, so we know the struggles.  Our bigest problems come from cross contamination and changes in products.  If we can help just let us know.  If you have any questions about what we cook feel free to ask.  Rest asured that every thing ya see cooked on our blog, YES EVERYTHING is glutin free.

Likes (0)

#137 Sun 23 Feb 14 11:34pm

Miss GlutenFree

Occupation Admin Officer & Mum
From Queensland, Australia
Member since Sun 14 Mar 10

Thanks Joy, Maree & Cappy! I admit I have missed the crew here but didn't seem to get much of a chance to pop on. Now I am making it my mission to come on at least once a day (easier said then done with a 3wk old).

Might have to start a post for quick easy meals that take virtually no time to prepare as cooking is a rarity these days. How I miss it!! Love spending hours just chilling out creating little things here and there with some chilled music on. Sleep comes first now so thank god I cooked & froze a heap of meals for us before Mr. Anthony came along.

Cappy will check out your blog but have you had any success with home made muesli bars?? I'm looking for a decent recipe as my last 3 attempts have failed -made great crumble lol. Any suggestions from anyone would be lovely

Likes (0)

#138 Mon 24 Feb 14 7:46am

Sandy

Forum champ
From Durban South Africa
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

Welcome back Miss Glutenfree

Likes (0)

#139 Wed 26 Feb 14 11:49pm

cupcake

Forum champ
From Cambodia, eh?
Member since Tue 09 Nov 04

Cupcake: retired barmaid at JO's The Salmon Arms (ask an oldie here); un-retired cook; lover of all things green, growing and edible; cupcake baker extraordinaire (contrary to popular belief, doughnuts are not taking over the world); able to leap tall counters in a single bound ...

Likes (3)

#140 Thu 27 Feb 14 12:10am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Welcome back, cupcake wave

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)