Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Sat 03 Aug 13 2:33am

marlow77

Member since Thu 03 Nov 11

Re: Hot wings

So if they're pre cooked and reheated, shouldn't this be made commmonly known to the public? Because I thought you couldn't reheat chicken more than once? So for example I reheated some dominos wings having put the remainders in the fridge for lik 4 days last week, reheated, REHEATED CHICKEN?????????

As for the recipe, I don't really care what preservatives etc they might use, I really doubt any of them contribute to the amaaaaaaaaaazing flavour and tenderness that I can't get within a country mile of no matter how hard I try. They're just amazing, I must be missing something to do with the initial marinade, and I WILLLLLLL find out PRECISELY how they're made if I have to take a friggin dominos worker hostage!!!!!

Last edited by marlow77 (Sat 03 Aug 13 2:35am)

Likes (0)

#22 Sat 03 Aug 13 10:34am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

marlow .. at the begining of this thread you said you've gotten the sauce pretty close.  Have you tried brining your wings before baking  to get the tenderness and infuse more flavour?

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)

#23 Sat 03 Aug 13 4:57pm

mr spice

Forum champ
Occupation Working dad...
From Germany
Member since Sat 05 Sep 09

I've made wings a few times and try to replicate the lovely recipe from the Lodge Grill in Keego Harbour, Michigan. This uses vinegar in the butter, hot sauce mix and the sauce is thickened with flour. They taste amazing and are well worth a detour if you are ever within 100 miles of Detroit  smile

Likes (0)

#24 Sun 04 Aug 13 8:06pm

marlow77

Member since Thu 03 Nov 11

Ashen wrote:

marlow .. at the begining of this thread you said you've gotten the sauce pretty close.  Have you tried brining your wings before baking  to get the tenderness and infuse more flavour?

Yh I'm thinking maybe I'm just imagining the sauce isn't close enough because the wings themselves are so shite. Brining I presume you mean the same as what I was saying, marinating/ding? Always get confused which word it is. Yes that's what I haven't done yet. I googled it and found one page of someone asking the dominos marinade and someone replied with a precise outline but titled it "A HOT WINGS MARINADE" so obviouslty it's not dominos. But either way some kinda marinade is bound to help. I've currently got some drumsticks doing right now then I soaked in just olive oil for a day or so, but have also caked in flour and herbs before cooking which itself might tenderise the skin. See what happens o.O

Likes (0)

#25 Mon 05 Aug 13 12:08am

SherylS

Occupation Totally food obsessed bookkeeper
From Melbourne, Australia
Member since Wed 13 Aug 08

Brining is immersing your chicken whether it wings or a whole bird in a water, salt and whatever flavor you like ie bay leaves, citrus rind etc mix and leaving for a period of time, over night for a chicken or turkey but not sure for wings. Just google the quantity of salt to water and timing. Hope this helps...

Likes (0)

#26 Tue 06 Aug 13 2:28pm

koukouvagia

Forum champ
From New York
Member since Fri 12 Dec 08

marlow77 wrote:

So if they're pre cooked and reheated, shouldn't this be made commmonly known to the public?

This is the thing about fast food.  They over process their food and that's pretty basic knowledge.

Likes (0)

#27 Tue 06 Aug 13 2:34pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

mr spice wrote:

I've made wings a few times and try to replicate the lovely recipe from the Lodge Grill in Keego Harbour, Michigan. This uses vinegar in the butter, hot sauce mix and the sauce is thickened with flour. They taste amazing and are well worth a detour if you are ever within 100 miles of Detroit  smile

They have a Facebook page.  They'd probably give you the recipe if you asked.

Likes (0)

#28 Wed 28 Aug 13 7:05am

davidjackson

Member since Fri 09 Aug 13

This looks so rich and delicious. They taste amazing

Likes (0)

#29 Wed 28 Aug 13 3:59pm

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

-

I brine my wings, dry them, toss in seasoned spiced flour, spray with oil, bake then toss with a butter, tomato ketchup & chilli sauce mixture.

Ashen here was responsible for my first brining foray & is a great teqnique for flavour infusion.

Hmmm wings.

Likes (0)