forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 20 Sep 13 12:38am

blclermont

Member since Thu 19 Sep 13

Rice is so confusing.

Fall is here in Canada and I think of comfort food like an  old fashioned  rice pudding, when I realized how much i do not know about rice. I have made 2 awful batches so far.
BTW...... SOBEY's is looking really good these days with you in the ads, and Canada is a very big country and we  Luv  U.        help

Last edited by blclermont (Fri 20 Sep 13 12:39am)

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 20 Sep 13 1:07am

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Re: Rice is so confusing.

Welcome to the forums, blclermont. Did you have a question about rice?

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#3 Fri 20 Sep 13 3:46am

blclermont

The link said " ask Jamie a question."   I fell for it.
hmm

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 20 Sep 13 10:24am

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

Welcome to the forums blclermont, thanks for your message! Obviously Jamie's a pretty busy guy so it's hard for him to be everywhere. If there's anything myself and the food team can help you with, though, just ask - what is it about rice that you want to know?

Likes (0)

#5 Fri 20 Sep 13 10:35am

useimagination

Occupation Archivist/Museum assistant
From Namibia,Africa
Member since Tue 12 Feb 13

I recently made rice pudding with Sushi rice - worked wonderfull! Try useing any short grain rice... big_smile

Likes (0)

#6 Fri 20 Sep 13 10:50am

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Arborio works (if you're careful) for rice pudding.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#7 Fri 20 Sep 13 12:04pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

welcome to the forum blclermont smile

blclermont wrote:

The link said " ask Jamie a question."   I fell for it.
hmm

The food team and Forum members also help out by awnsering questions on the 'Ask Jamie a question' thread.
Mr Oliver does awnser questions sometimes .

this link gives a quick and short discription of different types of rice and where they are used , you might find it helpful
http://www.usarice.com/index.php?option … Itemid=105

Last edited by mummza (Fri 20 Sep 13 12:14pm)

Likes (0)

#8 Fri 20 Sep 13 4:31pm

blclermont

Your right, the first thing I thought is ''no way does Jamie have time to answer this link. But it looked real to me and I was googling Best rice pudding when Jamie's site came up.  Most of my note was congrats on the new face of Sobey's ads he looks great and they are funny.  Anyways when I realized I was not gonna get Jamie I just tried the one on his site, Icelandic rice pudding. Very unexpected and totally  YUM YUM .

Likes (0)

#9 Sat 21 Sep 13 10:30pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

That's good to know blclermont smile  my family love rice pudding so I might look at the recipe .

We never know which of the posts that Mr Oliver or the food team are going to awnser on the "Ask Jamie a question " thread , so we always help and awnser the questions if we can.

Likes (0)

#10 Sun 22 Sep 13 1:22am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

blclermont wrote:

Your right, the first thing I thought is ''no way does Jamie have time to answer this link. But it looked real to me and I was googling Best rice pudding when Jamie's site came up.  Most of my note was congrats on the new face of Sobey's ads he looks great and they are funny.  Anyways when I realized I was not gonna get Jamie I just tried the one on his site, Icelandic rice pudding. Very unexpected and totally  YUM YUM .

He  has occasionally answered questions or jumped into topics, it happened more often when the forums were first opened.  I was told by someone I trust and would definitely know, that he does often read the forums even if he doesn't engage.

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)