forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Mon 06 Jan 14 3:42pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Re: madamada's kitchen

Maybe I'll make frico tonight.  We are getting arctic cold temperatures later.

Likes (0)

#12 Mon 06 Jan 14 4:59pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

SherylS : it's simply boiled potatoes, slowly fried onion, and stripes of unsalted cheese from the latteria (the ones cut away when they put fresh cheese into shapes) you cut them in little chunks and add to the mix of onion and diced potatoes ..... in a skillet or non sticky pan you start doing a sort of frittata turning it many times with a suitable flat lid (careful with the hot fat of cheese, do it on the sink keeping the lid towards the sink when it has the frico on) when the crust is golden on both sides and the ingredients well stuck together it's time to choose a beautiful dish and lay it on there to call everyone with its tasty smell. You'll have cooked a polenta to match meanwhile ...............enjoy!

ciao MsP keep warm and well fed/spoilt! big_smile

Last edited by Grandmadamada (Mon 06 Jan 14 5:03pm)

Likes (2)

#13 Wed 08 Jan 14 11:20pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

garlic, peperoncino , diced or sliced speck, broccoli toscani (simply boiled a few mins.  before adding to the pan) evo oil and 0 gr. of fusilly each big_smile

Likes (7)

#14 Thu 09 Jan 14 12:19pm

SherylS

Occupation Totally food obsessed bookkeeper
From Melbourne, Australia
Member since Wed 13 Aug 08

Grandmadamada wrote:

SherylS : it's simply boiled potatoes, slowly fried onion, and stripes of unsalted cheese from the latteria (the ones cut away when they put fresh cheese into shapes) you cut them in little chunks and add to the mix of onion and diced potatoes ..... in a skillet or non sticky pan you start doing a sort of frittata turning it many times with a suitable flat lid (careful with the hot fat of cheese, do it on the sink keeping the lid towards the sink when it has the frico on) when the crust is golden on both sides and the ingredients well stuck together it's time to choose a beautiful dish and lay it on there to call everyone with its tasty smell. You'll have cooked a polenta to match meanwhile ...............enjoy!

ciao MsP keep warm and well fed/spoilt! big_smile

Ciao Grandmadamada. I am loving your posts. I'm not sure what you mean by the cheese, in Australia we cant go to the cheese makers like you describe.  Is it soft/ salty? creamy? wondering how I can subsitute it.  Also is it wet polenta you serve it with?

Likes (0)

#15 Thu 09 Jan 14 3:35pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

ciao Sheryl, the cheese stripes are unsalted fresh but firm cheese, they can be substituted by little chunks of not too fat cheese (it would make an excess of oil in the pan difficult to master while you flip over your frico/frittata, in case it happens so you can drop some fat/oil before doing that) polenta is hot polenta going 40 mins of stirring, or leftovers of a previous one roasted on a nonstiky flat pan

ask for more details if you like

Likes (0)

#16 Fri 10 Jan 14 12:57am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

10.Jan.14 winter radicchi, lamb's lettuce, carrot, cappuccio

Last edited by Grandmadamada (Fri 10 Jan 14 12:59am)

Likes (4)

#17 Fri 10 Jan 14 1:00am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

whole grain homemade bread

Last edited by Grandmadamada (Fri 10 Jan 14 1:01am)

Likes (4)

#18 Fri 10 Jan 14 1:35am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

They look fantastic, Mada!  clap   clap  clap  thumbsup

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#19 Fri 10 Jan 14 8:02am

Sandy

Forum champ
From Durban South Africa
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

Oh wow Mada all look so yummy.

Likes (0)

#20 Fri 10 Jan 14 11:47am

Earthmum

Forum champ
Occupation HR / mum / jack of all trades
From England
Member since Mon 21 Sep 09

That looks yummy, when's lunch I have some very nice sweet pickled onions and a rather nice lump of strong chedder which would go so well with that  big_smile

Likes (0)