forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#61 Sat 15 Mar 14 7:49pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Re: madamada's kitchen

Delete? Oh no, thank goodness you didn't and were patiently watering away smile ... and you mustn't sell yourself short, Mada   kiss

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#62 Sat 15 Mar 14 10:44pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

I have to admit I would have pinched a corner of that sour dough as it cooled  oops
I can almost smell its deliciousness all the way from here.

I too am pleased that you disnt have another mment of madness and delete this thread, I might nt comment much but I do quietly sit in the corner of yur lovely kitchen often just watching and taking in the magical aromas  big_smile

Likes (4)

#63 Sun 16 Mar 14 5:02am

lmbathome

From Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Member since Fri 21 Feb 14

Grandmadamada wrote:

You know I was going to deletee this kitchen corner thinking it was useless?????
but as when sowing one must have the patience to wait without doubting, going on watering if needed and then when you forget what you have sown, you'll be surprised by something which will give fruits

thanks all (old friends) for sitting in my kitchen big_smile  big_smile

and lmbathome do you want to start your own sourdough? it's something which makes you think you'll never be alone in your kitchen .... I started with a bunch of non treated vine grapes, a tbsp of honey, and some flour, a little water to make a sort of batter, letting it sit in the warmest corner of my kitchen covered with a napkin until it starts bubbling

enough for the first steps, ask more if you like (it's not time of grapes, so you could start with anythink sweet that will ferment) there are experts on the forum who can much better than me give you advice ......... i give you courage and curiosity
wink

Mmmmmm sounds so comforting! I too am so glad  that you didn't delete this topic. You give inspiration too! I am such a beginner that I'm not even sure what to ask. lol! But does all bread have to have a fermented starter? What would be the best type of bread to begin with?You have piqued my curiosity... Thanks for your kindly advice. wink

Likes (0)

#64 Sun 16 Mar 14 6:28am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

wave  I am still reading threads most days Mada.  I just don't feel the need to comment unless I am actively interested or have something useful to add to a topic.  wink

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)

#65 Sun 16 Mar 14 11:27am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

big_smile  thumbsup Ashen

lmbathome if you never baked homemade bread be ready to bake stone heavy loaves to keep your doors open or to throw to someone making you nervous ..... as far as starting "your" bread do not be too thoughtful, any yeast (baker's fresh one, or dried in satchels) could be the first step. Then choose a good flour and just start kneading ..... while experimenting you'll learn by your mistakes and success and it'll be your bread you are learning to make. I'm sure you will be soon asking or teaching someone else what you have discovered

bread experts are you ready to help help  wink  crossed  big_smile
thank you for playing for a little moment the role of absolute beginner wink  clap .......... me being steady at that stage everything I do, it's such an easy way of living

Last edited by Grandmadamada (Sun 16 Mar 14 11:36am)

Likes (2)

#66 Sun 16 Mar 14 12:03pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

600 gr stonemilled Griffoni tuscan flour/0-flour/manitoba-flour 300 gr water unknown amount (maybe 250 gr) of sourough made with the help (????) of my 2 years old nipotina before putting her to bed with all sort of friulian songs, and let it rise through the night wink

Likes (0)

#67 Sun 16 Mar 14 10:33pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

when the dough is perfectly risen, and the timing for a pizza says you'll do it, relatives come suddenly and you are not able to go and get the topping for it at a sunday market, the next chance is to look for mozzarella in a gelateria selling cheese and dairy products but everone is there to buy gelato and you should queue to pay for a mozzarella I cannot see on the shelves ........... I topped it simply with dried oregano and thyme while rollpinning it, then short before putting it into the oven with a veil of tomato and grated parmigiano

they said it was good shocked  cool

Likes (0)

#68 Sun 16 Mar 14 10:38pm

Maree

Forum super champ

I'm sure it was, Mada smile.

(I'm reassured that your photos are also posting sideways. I was starting to think it was "me" wink wink )

thumbsup

Likes (0)

#69 Sun 16 Mar 14 10:44pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

lol eieieieiii Maree can you remember what's the name of the long thread about sourdough, it was yours wasn't it, can you leave a note in my kitchen for those who start doing it??? smile

Likes (0)

#70 Sun 16 Mar 14 10:45pm

Maree

Forum super champ

I had one of them, Mada. "Diary of a Sourdough" smile.

Likes (0)