forum: Campaigns and Community

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 20 Feb 14 10:17pm

user2014

Occupation student
From kuklen,plovdiv,bulgaria
Member since Sun 05 Jan 14

pies

next month s challenge will be about pies,show your great pie ideas and i will see who is the winner by this criterium - decoration,stuffing and what and how muuch contains.

enjoying cooking easy and fast...
    Likes (0)

#2 Thu 20 Feb 14 10:30pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: pies

User2014 , it's the winner of this months challenge that gets to tell us next months challenge .
Then they are the one that pick the winner too.

Do you have a name that you could use on the forum ?
It's a bit odd having to write 'user2014' I think a proper name would be much more friendly .

Likes (0)

#3 Thu 20 Feb 14 11:21pm

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

User2014,
Here's a question (that might start an argument!)...
What is your definition of a pie?

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 20 Feb 14 11:45pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

JoyYamDaisy wrote:

User2014,
Here's a question (that might start an argument!)...
What is your definition of a pie?

You're brave, Joy wink.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#5 Fri 21 Feb 14 12:25am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

lol yes! So brave!

Likes (0)

#6 Fri 21 Feb 14 8:14am

Kiwi Kris

Forum champ
Occupation Farmer
From New Zealand
Member since Sun 09 Jan 05

Hi User2014! Along with Mummza, I also have been wondering if you may like to share with us a "nickname" for yourself? That's of course if you wish to?! Cheers! smile

Pies! Mmmm! I dined out tonite with my hubby & I chose a yummy shepards pie with steamed veges!  yummy

I've made homemade mince & cheese pies + bacon & egg pies, but not at the new place here, as, the stove needs upgrading!  whistle  mrgreen

Likes (0)

#7 Fri 21 Feb 14 8:41am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

we could always pick our own nickname for them  ..  easiest would be to go leet speak

user  2014...    2014 in leet.   ZOLA wink

ZOLA   - I think we need to know what you mean by pie.  Sweet dessert like device or savoury ? Also could refer to pizza I guees.

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#8 Sat 22 Feb 14 12:25am

Kiwi Kris

Forum champ
Occupation Farmer
From New Zealand

Ashen! I like your suggestion of, Zola!  cool  Tho, for a male name maybe - Zolton!

What do you think, User2014?! wink

Yes! I'm aware, Joy, Maree & Ashen, that a "pie" can refer to a different sort-of-Pie in different parts-of-the World!

My all-time fave sweet pie is an ~ Apple Pie!

And, savoury pie is a ~ Potato-top Pie! (which is similar to a cottage pie, but there is pastry on the bottom!)

Tho, Ashen, I sooo love Pizza! yummy ...over here in N.Z. a pizza isn't refered to as a pie, so, that's an interesting fact to know, thanks!  thumbsup

Last edited by Kiwi Kris (Sat 22 Feb 14 12:26am)

Likes (0)

#9 Sat 22 Feb 14 12:49am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Kiwi Kris wrote:

Ashen! I like your suggestion of, Zola!  cool  Tho, for a male name maybe - Zolton!

What do you think, User2014?! wink

Yes! I'm aware, Joy, Maree & Ashen, that a "pie" can refer to a different sort-of-Pie in different parts-of-the World!

My all-time fave sweet pie is an ~ Apple Pie!

And, savoury pie is a ~ Potato-top Pie! (which is similar to a cottage pie, but there is pastry on the bottom!)

Tho, Ashen, I sooo love Pizza! yummy ...over here in N.Z. a pizza isn't refered to as a pie, so, that's an interesting fact to know, thanks!  thumbsup

We've been down this path before with pies v flans wink.

Pie to me has a topping or "lid".

Flan is "open" (without a topping or lid) to me. But I've become aware "elsewhere" that in some parts of the world what I know as a creme caramel (or similar) is also known as a flan.

And pizza is never referred to as "pizza pie" here, either, Kris smile.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#10 Sat 22 Feb 14 5:55am

Kiwi Kris

Forum champ
Occupation Farmer
From New Zealand

wave Maree! I can remember sharing a yummy pecan pie with a girlfriend once at a restaurant - the pecan pie was like a flan - so that's another example & also another way to have a pie/flan combo is using the "criss-cross"/laced topping - which may be considered a "tart" then exclaim

Yes siree! Joy! Everyone's definition can indeed differ! All I know is I love ~ pies, flans, tarts, crumbles!!!  yummy All in moderation btw/by the way!  mrgreen

Likes (0)