forum: Campaigns and Community

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sun 22 Jun 14 8:03am

Nevrdream

Member since Sun 22 Jun 14

Woolworths will be your undoing

I trusted you, but never again.

I refuse to believe you didn't read the contract or have a lawyer read it and tell you what you signed. I think you made adverts that you have no intention of honouring. I think you didn't care what Woolies did to make money off the back of your face.

Champion of the producer? Bullshit. Care about the quality and processes the supermarket uses, just like you claim on tv? Rubbish. An employee of the supermarket with no control? Truly you think you are as powerless as the bean grower paying 40c in a dollar to promote you? Or the checkout chick coping the backlash from shoppers?

Never again Jaimie. Not one of us.

Likes (0)

#2 Sun 22 Jun 14 8:24am

beerforyorky

Forum champ
Occupation Retired
From Surin, N.E. Thailand
Member since Mon 29 Dec 08

Re: Woolworths will be your undoing

Quite an outburst for someone who has only been a member for  half an hour!

Does anyone know what he or she is talking about? We don't have Woolworths in Surin.

Likes (0)

#3 Sun 22 Jun 14 8:43am

Miss GlutenFree

Occupation Admin Officer & Mum
From Queensland, Australia
Member since Sun 14 Mar 10

Woolworths in Australia BFY. Obviously a very upset customer. I understand some of the general concerns but I believe Jamie had signed with Woolies as it is one of the big two supermarkets here and his products, ideas and recipes will reach a very large audience. In a perfect world the ideal company to sign with is the smaller greengrocers but their monopoly over the current market is virtually nonexistent. Here its either Woolworths or Coles.
I ship at IGA but love seeing the recipes come out in the Woolie's catalogues smile

Likes (0)

#4 Sun 22 Jun 14 8:59am

beerforyorky

Forum champ
Occupation Retired

I did go to Woolworths once when I was working in Perth a few years ago. I found it very strange that you were "permitted" to buy as much alcohol as you wanted but were not allowed to return and buy more on the same day.

Likes (0)

#5 Sun 22 Jun 14 10:12am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

beerforyorky wrote:

I did go to Woolworths once when I was working in Perth a few years ago. I found it very strange that you were "permitted" to buy as much alcohol as you wanted but were not allowed to return and buy more on the same day.

That must be a WA thing, BFY. Not here in NSW.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#6 Sun 22 Jun 14 10:38am

Miss GlutenFree

Occupation Admin Officer & Mum
From Queensland, Australia
Member since Sun 14 Mar 10

Nor in QLD smile

Likes (0)

#7 Sun 22 Jun 14 10:41am

beerforyorky

Forum champ
Occupation Retired

Ah. The folks in your states must be able to control their finances better than those in WA.  wink

Likes (0)

#8 Sun 22 Jun 14 10:54am

beerforyorky

Forum champ
Occupation Retired

Interestingly, in the 80's in Qatar in the Middle east, the only folks allowed to purchase alcohol were resident Brits and they were only allowed to buy up to $80.00 per month on an allocated day (that was quite a lot at duty free prices). If you did not buy it on your allocated day, you could not buy until the same date next month. If you did not buy your full allocation on your allocated day, again, you were prevented from buying any more until your day the following month.

As a Brit and a non-resident, I tended to make friends with such folks.  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#9 Sun 22 Jun 14 10:59am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

There are certain Pacific Islands where take away/ off license alcohol is not sold to anyone from Friday afternoon until Monday morning. It's available in restaurants and bars but that's about it.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#10 Sun 22 Jun 14 11:17am

beerforyorky

Forum champ
Occupation Retired

If you wish to hear nonsense laws (and these are only 4 years old), the law in Thailand is that you may only buy alcohol between the hours of 10am and 2pm and 5pm and midnight. Unless (and this is crucial) you buy more than 5 litres!

Of course, this only applies to major supermarkets and 7-11's (recently renamed 5-10's during the curfew). The local shops ignore the laws.

Likes (0)