Jamie Oliver

forum: FAQ's

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Mon 19 Sep 05 4:51pm

ivaiva

From Skopje, Macedonia
Member since Mon 19 Sep 05

Re: Can you give me any top tips on getting started as a chef?

This is for Jamie....

Hello Jamie....I'm from Macedonia...here people want tasty food very much....What do you think to work here about a year for start...I'm an architect but I want to open restaurants in Skopje, Belgrade, Zagreb(Croatia), Slovenia....is there any chanses to come here and work......or If there is no chance about work, maybe for a party...only on one week...
ivaarc@gmail.com smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  8)

Likes (0)

#22 Tue 20 Sep 05 5:52pm

daveo

Member since Tue 20 Sep 05

would it be better doin a A level in food at 6 form
or a NVQ at collage

Likes (0)

#23 Tue 20 Sep 05 6:52pm

ivaiva

From Skopje, Macedonia
Member since Mon 19 Sep 05

But you never know about the price that we want to work with. It is just purpose for one year....Good for me and my restaurants and maybe for Jamie...It's something you never know...And for 1 year he can't lost anything...that's what I think.....or for one week for the party..he will just see my beautiful country and make some money...I think it's nothing wrong with that...

smile  wink

Likes (0)

#24 Wed 28 Sep 05 4:37am

Miguel_AngelV

From Peru
Member since Tue 06 Sep 05

Hi there Jamie.

I'm a Peruvian Student, your advices are really amazing ..just I want to tell you that I admire you ....you are the greatest chef in the Contemporaneous Cooking World...  big_smile

Likes (0)

#25 Sat 15 Oct 05 6:58pm

Chelsey

From canada
Member since Tue 21 Jun 05

hey jamie,, thanks sooo much for that advice .. thats exactly what i have been looking for ..for the past few months.. just to get started..im in grade 11 and taking  cooks training im soo excited i love cooking and ur advice helped me heaps  big_smile  so i just wanted to say thank you soo much and  u are  my role model i want to  do what u have done  on the road to ur carrer.. it sounds soo fun and exciting and challenging.. so thanks again ,
one of ur many fans
chelsey

Likes (0)

#26 Sun 16 Oct 05 2:08pm

katielouise2304

From dover , kent
Member since Sun 16 Oct 05

hi jamie

im 21 and a trainee chef ,got into cooking about 2 years ago and decided to go back to college last year, but i am also a mum of a three year old boy and just wanted to no how you manage to be a dad husband chef and a tv career? !!!!!  big_smile

Likes (0)

#27 Fri 11 Nov 05 11:16pm

charmaine1981

From birmingham
Member since Fri 11 Nov 05

Im 23 and hve a flair for imagination..what i do is take original recipies add my own little twist to them and wa-laa...charmaine a-la-whatever!. I am stuck tho, cos i work full time and been 23 i cant get any training that provides day releases.  By the Way Jamie u havebeautiful eyes in the picture im looking a whilst i am writing thispost..but thats something else. Any ideas.  And i have recently started to make my own wine..which i must say im very proud of..if ya want a sip just...

Likes (0)

#28 Sun 13 Nov 05 8:32pm

g9rud

From Woodbridge, Suffolk
Member since Sun 13 Nov 05

big_smile
Just thought I would share with you my recent adventures in a kitchen.

I am a 40 yr old estate agent that was switched onto food in a big way by watching the Naked Chef, ever since that day, a few years ago i have been doing all the cooking at home for my wife and I, indeed it is the highlight of my day, the best way to unwind after a bad day in the office.

well to cut a long story short, I asked a friend of mine, who is a chef in a local malaysian restaurant, if i could get some real experience in a working kitchen, he agreed and I now work in the kitchen once or twice a week,depending on how busy they are.
I cannot tell you how that feels, it is the best feeling i have ever experienced.

watch this space, thanks to being inspired by Jamie Oliver, I have found my true calling. for me life has truly started at 40.

A big thank you...my life has changed
Regards,

Andy

Likes (0)

#29 Fri 18 Nov 05 4:26pm

lildave88

From UK
Member since Fri 18 Nov 05

Hi I have a 14 year old sister who is complete love with cooking.  She really wants to aspire to become a chef but she thinks she may have a problem.
Unfortunately my sister has Coeliac Disease, which means she is allergic to wheat etc.  She was diagnosed when she was 1 so has never known any different and my mum also has the same problem.
As a non Coeliac myself i love my sisters food.  She is always in the kitchen when ever she can making up and cooking dinners.  She is taking GCSE Food Technology and is having to adapt the recepies they make to suit her special flour, which she does successfully..........

..She wants to continue cooking at college what is she best to look at and will her problem affect her in her possible cooking career.

Likes (0)

#30 Fri 09 Dec 05 2:34pm

chalkmeister

From TROWBRIDGE, WILTSHIRE
Member since Fri 09 Dec 05

Hi...
Great advice for a 'youngster'!, but have you similar advice for a 43 year old extremely keen amateur desparately in need of change. College opportunities not quite so easy as have partial care of 5 1/2 year old and job that pays the bills! can't face another 25 years doing this! HELP!

Martin

Likes (0)