forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Fri 13 Oct 06 1:15pm

loopyloo

Occupation occupational therapy student
From england
Member since Tue 19 Sep 06

Re: need to know if you really are interested in a petition to Blair.

howdy,

i dont think it's fair to assume people on here dont care about the issue and dont want to stand up for the rights of the elderly.  I have only just noticed this thread and as i suggested the petition to you on your original post i would be more than happy to sign it. 

People dont always read every single thread on the forum - there's thousands, so it's a bit mean to assume no-one cares! Perhaps change the title of the thread to something more eye catching and maybe in block capitals... just so people don't automatically skim over an issue that i believe the majority of people on here would care about.

Good luck!! smile

Likes (0)

#12 Fri 13 Oct 06 6:08pm

fozz

Member since Wed 27 Sep 06

Ok sorry thats a fair point loopyloo, its just so frustrating i have been eating and sleeping this campaign for 2 and a half years and unfortunatly D day is fast approaching , government and local council wont listen or help and i havent got the luxuary of a celebrity to help or even air time on tv or radio to highlight our plight.

So please except my apology and thankyou all who look and take the time to make and leave a comment its appreciated. 

FOZZ. oops

Likes (0)

#13 Sat 14 Oct 06 12:45am

kittenclaws

Forum champ
From The Med
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Sorry fozz, I've been away for a few days and didn't see this thread. Here's another hit for you but I don't suppose it will do much good because I no longer live in the UK.

I have no suggestions of help. No-one in authority seems to listen or care and all we can be certain of is that the Blair, Prescott, Reid families et al will receive all the help they require should it become necessary.

Likes (0)

#14 Sat 14 Oct 06 12:51am

fozz

Your right kittenclaw and it is sad that these people in power only seem to listen and take note to sensationalism and to further their public profile, the grass roots of society gets trodden on and ignored thankyou for your support. FOZZ .

Likes (0)

#15 Sat 14 Oct 06 12:19pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

I think that you are right , meals on wheels are a very valuable service for the elderly and infirm.
They should  have fresh and nutritious meals .

I think that one of the dangers of the idea of fortnightly or even weekly deliverys of frozen foods is that many of the elderly peolple that require meals on wheels might not have the energy to put a frozen meal in the microwave or oven.

Another consideration is .....and this is a realy sad fact.....the meals on wheels delivery may be one of the few 'visitors ' to the home and therefore it is  a nessersary lifeline of human contact for that person.

Foodpoisoining is another issue ....as the proposed system relies on the understanding of the reheating of the products. Whilst a person can be told or given written instructions as to how to reheat/cok the products , some times the mind of an eldrely person does wander and the confussion could be disasterous. It will only take one or two bad experiences to put an elderly person off the cooking and eating ,possibly for good.

If you ask me the changes spell disaster!

Likes (0)

#16 Sat 14 Oct 06 2:45pm

fozz

Mummza you are spot on thankyou its amazing how we can see the downfalls of this proposed system but government and councils dont even want to entertain our concerns . thumbsup

Likes (0)

#17 Mon 16 Oct 06 11:47pm

fozz

its amazing how jamies  school meals is having a knock on effect on other catering problems, just look at the hospitals they are complaining that they are substandard, and here we are meals on wheels fresh food and there isnt a problem apart from the fact government and councils want to get rid of it, and replace it with frozen processed crap. evil

Likes (0)

#18 Tue 17 Oct 06 10:26am

fozz

Maybe mr blair and his cabinet should try out frozen processed meals and be stuck in their homes for weeks on end without seeing a soul. shocked

Likes (0)

#19 Tue 17 Oct 06 4:15pm

ANN

Forum champ
From North Carolina
Member since Thu 15 Jul 04

Fozz,  You've hit the nail on the head.  Noone ever wants to think about the future when they will be needing support.    Good Luck with this project.

Ann

Likes (0)

#20 Tue 17 Oct 06 9:41pm

fozz

Thankyou Ann its hard going but im sticking in there, just wish more people would place a comment or some support just like you and the others on here.

Its a subject that many people want to ignore or think it will never happen to them, and that is, accepting that WE ARE ALL GOING TO GET OLD ONE DAY and need these services . As they say time and tide wait for no man or woman.  tongue

Likes (0)