forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 29 Jan 07 2:46pm

Suzanna

From Jamie's office
Member since Thu 27 Jan 05

Good places to eat in Prague

Hello! Can anyone recommend places to eat in Prague? I'm going there this weekend and plan to eat the best food in the city - thanks to you guys... All tips welcome

Big thanks from our buzzin' office  big_smile
Suze x

Likes (0)

#2 Mon 29 Jan 07 9:35pm

Kirsten

Forum champ
Member since Thu 06 Jan 05

Re: Good places to eat in Prague

Hi Suzanna,

Radost is fab - particularly if you want fresh (veggie) stuff.  They do an amazing breakfast too, and if you're really lucky you'll get some random poetry readings  neutral : http://www.worldsbestbars.com/city/prag … prague.htm

I also remember really enjoying Architects' Club on Bethlehem Square.

(This time of year, the mulled wine stalls are so welcome too, a great way to keep warm!)

Have a fantastic time.  Prague is one of my favourite places.

Likes (0)

#3 Tue 30 Jan 07 11:32am

Suzanna

From Jamie's office

Great, thanks Kirsty. Just had a look at the Radost website and it looks promising! Can't wait now, have had confirmation that the BA strikes are off so i can actually get home after the weekend too. Brilliant.

Likes (0)

#4 Tue 30 Jan 07 3:32pm

celiak

From here and there
Member since Tue 02 Nov 04

Hi Suzanna
I hope you'll have a wonderful time in Prague. It's one of the most romantic cities in the world.
Like Kirsten I also enyoyed Archtitect's club (I think it's Klub Architektu in czech).
A friend of mine visited Kampa Park and she liked it very very much.
www.kampapark.cz

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 30 Jan 07 3:34pm

Welsh Lady

From Down the mines
Member since Wed 17 Jan 07

My food experiences in Prague were pretty poor so I can't really recommend anywhere. I had the worst Panacotta in a restaurant there - it had the consistency of a rubber ball!

However, it is a beautiful city and you should have a fabulous time...

x thumbsup

Likes (0)

#6 Tue 06 Feb 07 1:09pm

Suzanna

From Jamie's office

Thanks everyone, I had the most amazing time - romantic city indeed  wink

My dinner at Radost FX was delicious, and i also discovered a perfect coffee/lunch place called Globe (with pumpkin soup to die for and MEGA lattes). My ideas of Prague as a meat-driven, bland place to eat have been proven wronger than wrong. Can I go back please?

Likes (0)

#7 Sun 11 Feb 07 11:20pm

Kirsten

Forum champ
Member since Thu 06 Jan 05

So pleased you tried Radost - it's such a refreshing menu given the usual fare on offer.  What did you have?  I remember big bowls of pasta or salads.

So it was romantic, eh wink 

I got engaged there - did you see the tv tower thing that looks like a space rocket, just out of the centre?  It's called the Prague Prick and Mr K proposed there, 4 Jan 2000.  He planned to do it on millenium eve but the absinthe got in the way whistle

Likes (0)