Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sat 03 Feb 07 12:47pm

Femurs

Member since Sun 07 Jan 07

still can't find pasta flour

does anyone know of a shop in central London that sells it?

i do my grocery shopping online with Sainsburys and they don't have it.  I have also looked in my local Sainsbury, Safeway and M& S - still no joy.

Help!!!! help

Likes (0)

#2 Sat 03 Feb 07 2:07pm

Cindy

Forum champ
Occupation Registered Nurse
From Adelaide, OZ
Member since Tue 03 Aug 04

Re: still can't find pasta flour

Just use plain flour. Sift it a few times and you should have no problems.

All the Italians I grew up with here in Australia used it and their pasta tasted great. I don't really taste the difference. The eggs are what put the flavour in the pasta. Make sure you use the best eggs you can get.

Likes (0)

#3 Sat 03 Feb 07 2:16pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

I've seen it in my Sainsbury's, in the shelves around the deli bit, however a lot of the 'speciality' things available in store aren't online.  If you're in London, go to Speck in Holland Park or Marylebone High St., or even any Carluccio's.

Likes (0)

#4 Sat 03 Feb 07 8:31pm

ady+deb

Occupation ady=warehouseman, deb=powerhouse/godess
From nr Heathrow , London
Member since Thu 12 Oct 06

Hi Femurs,
      If there is a Tesco's near you go there. They sell Doves type 0 pasta flour (its organic too). Good luck.
      Keep smiling,
         Ady.

Likes (0)

#5 Mon 05 Feb 07 3:59pm

George83

Member since Mon 08 Jan 07

Hi I shop at Tesco and Sainsbury's and they both sell Tipo 00 flour (pasta flour).
thumbsup

Likes (0)

#6 Sat 10 Feb 07 12:27pm

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

I wish i could find 00 flour here. the one italian specialty shop in town  that did carry it has stopped because they couldn't turn their stock over fast enough...  mad  I am not sure how much difference it makes in fresh pasta but it makes an unbelievable difference in pizza or foccacia dough. Adding a small amount of  high gluten flour (strong flour)to the All purpose may help a bit. It still doesn't have the same consistency which i think is due to the 00 being milled much finer.

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)