Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Tue 06 Feb 07 9:10am

BrianG

Occupation HM Forces
From UK
Member since Mon 05 Feb 07

Baby Food

Hi all,

I have a gorgeous 4 month year old baby boy, he'll be starting on solids soon. Instead of buying the jars and tins of baby food that is on the supermarket shelves has anyone got any good, healthy recipes for baby food.  help

Bri

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 06 Feb 07 9:38am

young mum

Forum champ
Member since Tue 22 Mar 05

Re: Baby Food

Likes (0)

#3 Tue 06 Feb 07 12:25pm

BrianG

Occupation HM Forces
From UK

Thankyou young mum for the link thumbsup  smile

Brian

Likes (0)

#4 Tue 06 Feb 07 10:50pm

ady+deb

Occupation ady=warehouseman, deb=powerhouse/godess
From nr Heathrow , London
Member since Thu 12 Oct 06

Hi Brian,
      As long as you eat heathy food, dish your son up a little of whatever you are eating. We fed all 4 of ours like that and they all thrived. In fact before solids we used to just do the same and puree/mash the meal for them.
      We are convinced that this is a major reason that none of our kids are fussy eaters.
      Keep smiling,
        Ady.

Likes (0)

#5 Thu 08 Feb 07 2:36pm

Chris&Belle

Member since Thu 08 Feb 07

I understand completely.my not so little boy is now nearly 2 years old. I started feeding him as per Annabel Karmel,s baby book it gives a day by day week by week guide and you soon get the hang of it. Just get a great variety of organic fruit and vege, wizz it up and put in ice cube trays. ( not hard ones cos the food sticks in them and they are easily smashed, soft bend ones are best) baby will eat a little and soon more cubes and the meal is done. The book was perfect. Just one further bit of advice. once you get to about week 6 and you need to make it all again plus a diff variety make it very slightly lumpier cos I had a few days where tiddler was sick cos the food was too runny for him by then. It works, he is now huge, still loves fruit and veg (though my fingers are crossed) and I'm sure all that goodness helps that clever little brain too, as you'll soon see.  Good luck. big_smile

Likes (0)

#6 Thu 08 Feb 07 5:42pm

BrianG

Occupation HM Forces
From UK

Chris&Belle, Ady+Deb, young mum,

Thanks guys for your suggestions. thumbsup

I've checked out the Annabel Karmel website and it's a great source of information. I think i'm gonna use that as a guide. Thanks again guys big_smile

Likes (0)

#7 Thu 08 Feb 07 9:53pm

ady+deb

Occupation ady=warehouseman, deb=powerhouse/godess
From nr Heathrow , London
Member since Thu 12 Oct 06

Pleasure mate, good luck.

Likes (0)

#8 Sat 10 Feb 07 12:50pm

Chris&Belle

Member since Thu 08 Feb 07

That ok mate. Dont know how clear the website is so just thought i would give you this info now i've found the book. it is called New Complete Baby and toddler Meal Planner - annabel karmel  ISBN 0-091-90031-X that way you can refer to it in the kitchen. I needed to every day at the start. smile

Likes (0)

#9 Sat 10 Feb 07 8:40pm

amysheaves

From Living in UK for 2 years
Member since Sat 10 Feb 07

A great book to read is 'Yummy' by Jane Clarke.

Likes (0)

#10 Fri 16 Feb 07 5:01pm

BrianG

Occupation HM Forces
From UK

amysheaves - i'll keep a look out for that book. cheers  big_smile

Likes (0)