forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Tue 13 Feb 07 10:31am

maddie rose

Member since Fri 09 Feb 07

mushroom soup for maddie rose

Could someone please help me with some receipes for mushroom soup. I have only one and as I have a friend who works at a mushroom farm and can keep me in supply which is great as they are sooo expensive in the supermarket. So please help guys.

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 13 Feb 07 6:38pm

ady+deb

Occupation ady=warehouseman, deb=powerhouse/godess
From nr Heathrow , London
Member since Thu 12 Oct 06

Re: mushroom soup for maddie rose

Hi Maddie welcome,
    Try this one its great !.
        25g (1oz) Butter
        25g (1oz) flour
        300ml (1/2 pint) chicken stock
        300ml (1/2 pint) milk
        15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped fresh parsley
        100g (4oz) mushrooms wiped and finely chopped
        salt and freshly ground pepper
        15ml (1 tbsp) lemon juics
        30ml (2 tbsp) fresh cream.

Place all the ingredients except lemon juice and fresh cream in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil, whisking continuously,over a moderate heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice and fresh cream, stirring well. Then serve immediately.
     Serves 4 small portions, or 2 large.
     Keep smiling,
        Ady.

Likes (0)

#3 Wed 14 Feb 07 1:17am

shammrok

Forum super champ
Occupation Growing things
From Up the garden path...Tasmania
Member since Thu 02 Sep 04

Chunky Mushroom Soup with Garlic Ciabatta.

Ingredients:

20    gm    sliced Dried Mushrooms
1    tbl    Flavorless oil, such as sunflower oil
10    gm    (1/2oz) butter
1    lrg    onion, peeled and chopped
1    x    glove garlic, peeled and crushed
450    gm    (1lb) white closed-cap mushrooms, roughly chopped
3    tbl    Madeira or Sweet Sherry
1    x    vegetable stock cube
1    x    level tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon (or 1 level dessertspoon dried tarragon)
142    ml    soured cream
         Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the Ciabatta:
6    clv    garlic (skinned)
2    x    level tablespoons coarsely grated cheddar cheese (I used Feta and it was great)
75    gm    (3oz) butter, softened
1/2    tsp    sea salt (or ordinary salt)
1    x    ready to bake Ciabatta loaf

Method:

Put the dried mushrooms in a jug and add 275ml (10fl oz) of boiling water. Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan, then add the onion and cook for 10 minutes, stirring, until starting to soften. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
     Now add the fresh mushrooms, stir well and cook for 10 minutes. Add the Madeira or sherry, bring to the boil and bubble for a moment. Add the dried mushrooms and their liquid, plus 425ml (15fl oz) cold water and the stock cube. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside while you make the Ciabatta.
     To make the Ciabatta, pop the garlic cloves on a baking tray and place in the oven for 10 minutes, until they start to release their fragrance. Cool slightly, then peel and crush.
     Mix together the garlic, cheese, butter and 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt. Split the loaf horizontally and spread both cut sides with the cheese mixture. Place on a baking sheet, cut side up, and bake for about 10 minutes, until golden.
    To finish the soup, whiz with a hand blender until broken up but still chunky. Return to the heat and add the tarragon and soured cream. Season to taste and heat until piping hot. Cut the Ciabatta into slices and serve with the soup.

Last edited by shammrok (Wed 14 Feb 07 1:18am)

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 15 Feb 07 5:31am

VENUS

Forum champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Mushroom Soup

You Will Need
3 medium onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup butter
2 pounds fresh mushrooms, chopped
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 cups beef broth
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Grated Parmesan cheese and minced fresh parsley, optional

What to Do
1. In a large saucepan, cook onions and garlic in butter over medium-low heat until tender. Reduce heat to low; add the mushrooms.

2. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally, 8-10 minutes. Add the cream, broth, salt, and pepper; cook and stir over low heat until heated through. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and parsley if desired.

Likes (0)

#5 Mon 19 Feb 07 8:07am

maddie rose

Member since Fri 09 Feb 07

Thanks so much for the receipes, I will let you all know how they go, and I will cook them all, I will pester my friend at the mushroom farm for more now. Again thanks.

Likes (0)