Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Tue 13 Feb 07 6:43pm

Alex G

Forum champ
Occupation Student/Commis chef
From Brighton/ Bournemouth
Member since Sat 29 Oct 05

Re: Whats For Supper?

No idea, quickest would be spag bog (got some already made), though i've already had some of that for one of my lunches.

Likes (0)

#12 Wed 14 Feb 07 11:04am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

bcrain. Scotch bonnets are up there on the heat scale  i like the fruity flavours of the bonnets and habaneros. tobasco just tastes like rotten salty peppers to me..  your average scotch bonnet or hab is anywhere from 200,000 to 300,000 scoville.. the hottest red savina's are almost 600,000 scoville  wickedly wickedly hot.. about 20x hotter than a hot jalepeno.  apparently there is a new speices the dorset naga that is 900,000+   i would love to get my hands on some of those.  whistle The second burn on that one could keep ya from sitting down for a week i imagine   lol  lol 

my wife made us a nice supper tonight.. pork strips & veggies  stir fried with a honey garlic sauce over rice..  I had a homemade buttertart for dessert. She makes amazing buttertarts  big_smile
The way our works schedules are she usually cooks tues thru thurs. And i do fri thru sun with mon being leftovers from at least on the meals on the weekend. There is nothing like having homemade meals   smile

Last edited by Ashen (Wed 14 Feb 07 11:04am)

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#13 Wed 14 Feb 07 12:07pm

BrianG

Occupation HM Forces
From UK
Member since Mon 05 Feb 07

Ended up having a bowl of chilli with loads of sour cream. MMM lovely tongue

Likes (0)

#14 Wed 14 Feb 07 9:49pm

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

Well, I am still making the brownies but changed the main... I have decided to marinade a couple of cornish hens, split, in a thai sauce, then I am going to grill them. Still doing the crabcakes though.

Rotton salty peppers, lol! I guess chilli peppers are a mystery to me. I don't mind a bit of heat, what pepper would you suggest that's quite mild? You remove the seeds right? My husband likes it a little hotter than me though but no where near what you can handle. tongue

Likes (0)

#15 Thu 15 Feb 07 11:10am

Ashen

Forum champ
From out to lunch

bcrain if you can find poblanos or new mexican/anaheim chilies they have a nice flavour and are very mild.  when dried poblanos are referred to as ancho chilies.  Kind of like the way red japalenos that have been smoke dried are chipotles.

a good recipe to try is chile rellenos
the recipe at this link actually looks better than any i have made..
http://www.mexgrocer.com/534-killer-chi … lenos.html

Tonight for supper . meatloaf and garlic mashed potatoes  mmmm MMM!!

might sound kind of boring but my wife just stole the meatloaf crown from me and i doubt i will get it back tongue  .. killer meatloaf.  great tasting, moist and very light texture . definitly not the brick hard lump of dry meat most meatloafs turn out to be.

Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#16 Thu 15 Feb 07 4:43pm

bcrain

Forum champ
From Greater Vancouver

Thanks for that Ashen, will take a look.

Likes (0)

#17 Sat 17 Feb 07 5:49am

Ashen

Forum champ
From out to lunch

supper tonight..  mushroom risotto.  stirred in  sauteed garlic butter shrimps and peas at the end...

Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#18 Sun 18 Feb 07 11:50pm

bcrain

Forum champ
From Greater Vancouver

Tonight we are having some pork souvlaki kabobs which I have marinating along with a greek salad and some grilled veggies. Pretty basic but it's yummy.

I got a deal on whole chickens so I think I will cut one up and get that marinating in a tandoori sauce for tomorrow. Geoff mentioned tadoori a while back and I have had it on my mind, lol. I only have a gas grill so that will have to suffice. Any suggestions on what I should serve with it?

Likes (0)

#19 Mon 19 Feb 07 9:45am

Ashen

Forum champ
From out to lunch

I made some potato gnocchi with an alfredo sauce tonight. I added some gorgonzola to mine. mmm fresh gnocchi  always takes me back to my childhood.My best friend and i would convince his mom to make them at least once a month.  big_smile  big_smile

We are having a few friends to stay over next month, for the Maple syrup Festival in Elmira.  I think i just figured out what i can make for a sidedish to the BBQ steak Tails. I will just do a simple butter/sage sauce though. If the sweet potato variation i want to work on turns out , i might go with that.

bcrain... some nice fresh Naan for sure and you should check out suresh's indian recipe thread has alot of great sides ideas.

Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#20 Mon 19 Feb 07 3:25pm

Katja

Forum champ
Occupation Study to become a social and healthcare assistent
From Denmark
Member since Mon 21 Jun 04

tonight Im having pasta with cheese sauce and will put in ham and mushrooms as well  tongue

Likes (0)