forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Mon 19 Feb 07 3:29pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

Re: Whats For Supper?

Tonight we're having home-made fish fingers, with butterbean puree and peas  big_smile   A little bit of comfort food  lol

Likes (0)

#22 Mon 19 Feb 07 5:48pm

Mrs Gibba

Forum champ
Member since Thu 14 Apr 05

Tonight is beef stew and home made sund dired tomato bread

Likes (0)

#23 Mon 19 Feb 07 6:56pm

kimber

Forum champ
Occupation Mom and TKD Red Stripe
From Alberta
Member since Sat 24 Jun 06

Last night was Jamie's Chili Con Carne with Corn Bread and Salad.  Tonight is Sundried Tomatoe Bacon Pasta.  I'm drooling already and it's not even lunchtime yet! lol

Likes (0)

#24 Mon 19 Feb 07 7:57pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

My boyfriend's ill so it's chicken soup...  Quite looking forward to eating as I've been cooking it for an hour already and it smells fantastic.

Likes (0)

#25 Tue 20 Feb 07 3:02am

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

Ashen I do have Naan, and I took a look at Sureshs' posts, actually I looked at the end to page 15 and only found that it was mostly mains and some desserts and a dahl recipe there. Am not complaining at all, in fact there are some awesome recipes there but not very many veggies... we dont eat very much carbs at night so I was a bit particular... will keep searching though!

I sauteed some onions/fennel and garlic, to this I added last nights souvlaki cut into cubes. Added some chicken stock and reduced. At the end I added some peas and then some low fat cream cheese.. I had nothing in the house really! But it was good and had that with rice... actually, the kids had that with a shrimp ceasar salad. I roasted one of the chickens and made a gravy, pureed an orange colored cauliflower and had the rest of the ceasar with everything... one menu for the kids and one for us... I know I shouldnt do that but with 2 different diets going on I have to and it's a good way to get rid of the left overs. I have some chicken I will use in sandwiches tomorrow and again, more left overs for the kids, maybe a few quesadillas or fahitas... for Tuesday!

Likes (0)

#26 Tue 20 Feb 07 3:22am

GeoffP

Forum champ
Occupation Retired Clergy & Computer Consultant
From Bradford, West Yorks
Member since Mon 03 Jul 06

Thee are untold numbers of Indian vegetarian recipes onthe web.

Try follwing this search:-

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=n … vegetarian

or this

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=n … vegetarian

Likes (0)

#27 Tue 20 Feb 07 11:22am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

bcrain.. i can see how if you have carb restrictions it  would be a bit harder, as most of the sides i saw on his thread are potato or rice... he has an interesting onion dish and okra (personally i can't stand okra bleh) and a few recipes for pickles ..

Supper tonight .. lemon herb seasoned roasted chicken breast & Rooster Noodles with a bit of butter and Parmesian.  Simple Flavours but mighty Tasty  smile  smile

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)

#28 Tue 20 Feb 07 11:28am

amberpamba

Forum champ
Occupation Registered nurse
From Australia
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

kimber wrote:

Last night was Jamie's Chili Con Carne with Corn Bread and Salad.  Tonight is Sundried Tomatoe Bacon Pasta.  I'm drooling already and it's not even lunchtime yet! lol

Would you mind sharing your pasta recipe? I make it using sundried tomato pesto, bacon, and mushrooms, its one of my favourite pasta recipes.

Likes (0)

#29 Tue 20 Feb 07 1:44pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Pancake day today.....so its pancakes for us!

Likes (0)

#30 Tue 20 Feb 07 3:50pm

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

Thanks Geoff. I thought I would check it out here first. Or maybe someone had a suggestion since Indian foods are quite popular here. Will take a looksie on your links though.

Ashen, yes, I did see the okra recipe, but alas I don't like them either. From what I have seen many of the veggies are sauce based so one would want to add some sort of rice or potato to that so I was trying to look for something that wasn't cooked in a sauce. I am sure there is something out there but just need to look when I have the time. Lol, I was going to use my Rooster noodles up last night for the kids but used rice instead.

Likes (0)