Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 22 Feb 07 12:37pm

daineal

Occupation Full time Mum
From Coventry,West Midlands
Member since Thu 15 Feb 07

School Gardening Club.

Hi,
  My daughter's school is starting a school gardening club.They're hoping it will encourage the children to think about how food & plants are grown & where they come from before they end up in the supermarket.The only problem is, they have no budget at all to start it up & are relying on donations. sad
I was wondering, Jamie if you could help in any way?Maybe you could donate something that would be useful to them?Or, maybe you'd like to visit the school to see how they get on? help
Anyway, I've managed to get a few vegetable seeds & a few plant seeds free from seed suppliers in the U.K. What they also need though are plant pots of various sizes, compost, gardening tools, watering cans, etc.etc....
If you can't help but know someone who can, please get in touch with me; my e-mail address is logged.
I've also managed to get the local press interested & they'll be doing a piece for the paper soon. thumbsup

If anyone else would like to help, the school is in Coventry; which is in the West Midlands.Get in touch with me & we'll take it from there.

Thanks for reading & hope to hear from you Jamie. big_smile

daineal

Last edited by daineal (Thu 22 Feb 07 1:21pm)

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 23 Feb 07 3:12am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Re: School Gardening Club.

Why don't you try contacting a gardening program. Something similiar was on a gardening program in Australia (called Gardening Australia). Stephanie Alexander has also got a similar thing going in Melbourne. Try googling her name.

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 23 Feb 07 12:38pm

daineal

Occupation Full time Mum
From Coventry,West Midlands
Member since Thu 15 Feb 07

Hi The White Rabbit,
Thanks for your advice. thumbsup I've been looking at Stephanie's website & it looks as if we've got similar goals.I've e-mailed her to see if she can offer any advice. smile

Jamie/Jamie's office: Haven't heard anything from you yet exclaim I know Jamie that you probably get similar requests all the time & you can't help everyone hmm Even if you can't help though, I know you'll know someone who can; so please pass  my request on  to them. help

Hoping to hear from someone soon thumbsup

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 23 Feb 07 1:20pm

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

No problems.

There are similiar requests on these forums every couple of months. He's only one man so it's good when we can suggest someone else who can help. You don't always need star power to create change.

I might add that we don't see jamie around here much (but that could have something to do with me being in australia and the opposite time zone). You could try emailing through the contact link but you may not get the response you'd like. Maybe aim for a B-grade celebrity  wink

Last edited by The White Rabbit (Fri 23 Feb 07 1:36pm)

Likes (0)

#5 Sun 25 Feb 07 3:07pm

sashabella

Member since Tue 30 Jan 07

you could also search the net for very resonable printing companies to advertise the new venture.

when we did a similar deal at our school we found this new company called poster24 and  they were thumbsup .  They gave us a great deal.

Likes (0)