forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 23 Feb 07 1:25pm

TheBeast

Occupation Part time on checkouts, trying to get an an Open Uni (MA) philosophy course
From Leeds
Member since Fri 09 Feb 07

Belated Hello

What's that old saying? Don't step into the kitchen if you're going to burn yourself.

Well, I've been in the kitchen for about 8-10 weeks now and I haven't burned myself. Made the odd cock up, but I haven't burned myself; thus I think it's time I introduced myself.

Hi, I'm Rob. After watching Gordon Ramsey's F-Word and Hell's Kitchen and Jamie Oliver's School Dinners and Italian ventures, I decided I'd like to learn to cook myself. I'm into creative cooking: I find it far more enjoyable if it's a recipe I made up (the scope of 'made up' ranging from totally original to someone else probably already thought of it but I have never heard of it).

I've just eaten some delicious eggs poached in smoked salmon served on buttered toast, and last night was a successful lamb dish. I'm working through foods a week at a time, so it was chicken, then pork, then lamb and next week is steak.

I'm thinking something like this:

Medium rare beef steak with a coconut, lime and brandy sauce served with lemon salted straw potatoes, mint and garlic mushrooms and red-hot peppered tomatoes.

I'm not interested in professional cooking: the business aspect does not appeal to me. I'm just happy working in the kitchen and seeing people enjoy what I produce.

Oh, and just to drag this post on a little more, I'm a black belt in judo, aspiring to own my own club and my goal career wise is to be a successful and renowned novelist.

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 23 Feb 07 1:39pm

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Re: Belated Hello

Welcome to the forum mr "17 posts already"

Not many of us here are into cooking as a profession, we are spectators. Besides anyone who works in the hospitality industry in a seriosu way doesn't have time to piss about on forums.

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 23 Feb 07 2:11pm

TheBeast

Occupation Part time on checkouts, trying to get an an Open Uni (MA) philosophy course
From Leeds
Member since Fri 09 Feb 07

Re: Belated Hello

Welcome to the forum mr "17 posts already"

mrgreen Thank-you.

I decided to fire a few recipes through the letterbox before I rang the bell  whistle

Likes (0)