Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 05 Mar 07 7:25pm

falconcy

Forum champ
Occupation Project Manager
From Limassol, Cyprus
Member since Tue 19 Dec 06

Something with Strawberries

Messing around in the kitchen, I came up with something that had an interesting flavour to dollop onto strawberries.

I just used what I had to hand and the result was quite good. I mixed some vegetable based cream with soft goat cheese and a spoonful of honey. I'm guessing that there are other possibilities here but the flavour mix was just right.

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 06 Mar 07 12:15am

SusanneH

Forum champ
From Germany
Member since Mon 13 Mar 06

Re: Something with Strawberries

goats cheese and honey is a classic. I have eaten it with pear in a restaurant once, but I have heard of it with raspberries many times, too. So why not with strawberries? wink
thumbsup
Thanks for sharing the idea!

Likes (0)

#3 Tue 06 Mar 07 7:49am

Sanneke

Occupation secretary
From Belgium
Member since Sun 13 Aug 06

I'm not a big fan of strawberries, find them a bit dull but goat cheese might funk it up. Great idea  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#4 Tue 06 Mar 07 8:33am

SusanneH

Forum champ
From Germany
Member since Mon 13 Mar 06

Try them with balsamic vinegar or with green pepper for a change, too wink

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 06 Mar 07 10:39am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

vegetable based cream? do you mean edible  oil product creamlike substitute??   puke   I can't stand that stuff .... when i was younger i couldn't eat dairy in the springtime because of allergies . My mom would buy Coolwhip and that kind of stuff instead  bleh.

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#6 Tue 06 Mar 07 11:05am

amberpamba

Forum champ
Occupation Registered nurse
From Australia
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

What is vegetable based cream? Never heard of it!! I like my strawberries picked straight of the vine and eaten as is, I dont like to mess with them too much. I do love them on a pav with kiwi fruit and fresh cream or stewed strawbs in a smoothie.

Likes (0)

#7 Tue 06 Mar 07 2:18pm

falconcy

Forum champ
Occupation Project Manager
From Limassol, Cyprus
Member since Tue 19 Dec 06

This was a cream substitute that was lurking at the back of the fridge. It is supposed to be used instead of cream in cooking. I'm not saying you couldn't use proper cream, it's just what I had to hand. This particular one is local to here and a far cry from some of the junk they sell across the pond.

I'm guessing that goat cheese with creme fraiche and honey would hit the right spot.

Likes (0)