Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Tue 06 Mar 07 2:36pm

osvaldo

Occupation Consultant Engineer
From Curitiba - Brazil
Member since Fri 26 Nov 04

Re: My Pizza (Photos)

Thans Neula, I thought that...

I also use normal oven with metal can. It gives me the desired crust (and very important, the height) I want. So even in 15 cms pieces of pizza, I can get it with one hand and it keeps there...

I am not a big lover of stone inside the oven but taking note of what SussaneH wrote, I am ready to go to buy a small piece and try it (thanks)

best regards...  exclaim  smile

Likes (0)

#12 Tue 06 Mar 07 5:35pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

amberpamber, A freind of mine in America used to bake his pizza on terracotta tiles that he had placed into a shallow baking tray, the tiles then fitted the tray well. I beleive that he still uses his terracotta tile tray but he also has a pizza stone now. The terracotta tiles were very sucessfull.

Likes (0)

#13 Thu 08 Mar 07 5:16pm

sweetie-pie

From England
Member since Sun 01 Jan 06

An upturned Le Creuset pot - GENIUS!!!!  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#14 Fri 09 Mar 07 1:33pm

itsdanny

Occupation Web Gimp
From W Yorks
Member since Mon 14 Aug 06

mm, not tried it myself but it seemed to work.

Likes (0)

#15 Fri 09 Mar 07 2:25pm

italian_guy

Occupation Studente
Member since Tue 27 Feb 07

mmm...bacon on pizza?!?!? help OH MY GOD...
and it isn't mozzarella i think!!!

Likes (0)

#16 Fri 09 Mar 07 8:37pm

osvaldo

Occupation Consultant Engineer
From Curitiba - Brazil
Member since Fri 26 Nov 04

hi Italian_guy,

I gave up years ago to fight about what a pizza should have...

When I was living in Brazil, my friend´s favorite was with CHOCOLATE so I had to serve it !!! (honey and strawberries were also requested) (I didn´t try more than once, of course)

One day I went to this classie restaurant and I saw a huge pizza with a fried EGG (almost raw) in the middle...

I know in Italy you have even laws stating what a pizza should have or what diameter , but ... if you see around, you´ll  be  surprised hehe !!

sad  neutral  sad
best regards !

Likes (0)

#17 Sat 10 Mar 07 4:52pm

SonomaEddie

Forum super champ
Occupation Chief cook and bottle washer
From Northern California
Member since Sat 10 Feb 07

Last year while I was in Rome I had lots of pizza and they came with everything imaginable  including fried eggs, zucchini blossoms and canned tuna!  They were all good to me but I still prefer a pizza Margherita.
During the summer when it's too hot to cook inside, I often put my pizza stone on the charcoal grill and make them on the deck.  A poor man's wood-burning oven!
Eddie

Likes (0)

#18 Sat 10 Mar 07 6:14pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

Good idea.  Our neighbours have a pizza oven at the bottom of the garden, looks like a white clay igloo.  Smells fantastic every time they cook...   tongue

Likes (0)

#19 Mon 12 Mar 07 1:39am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

potato pizza is very good... thin crust with thin layer of white sauce then a single layer of wafer thin potato slices over top.. some good sea salt(maybe a maldon flake or  alaea hawain red salt if you want to get fancy  ) and fresh cracked black pepper and a bit of extra virgin olive oil drizzled over the top when it comes out of the oven..   This is very italian btw..From what i understand pizza was ususally a leftover type dish originally..  The only rule some italians stick to is the no seafood with dairy..   If seafood is on the pizza then, no white sauce or cheese.  Personally i have way to many dishes i love that use dairy and seafood to ever worry about that.  lol

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)